What you can get
- Monthly interest of 3% AER/ 2.96% gross (variable) on balances from £1,500 up to a maximum of £2,000. You’ll receive monthly interest of 3% AER/ 2.96% gross (variable) on balances from £300 up to a maximum of £2,000 before 7 July 2020
- The choice of a Santander contactless debit card or cash card (not available for accounts held in trust)
- 1|2|3 World offers
- For children under age 13, the account must be opened in trust and managed by an adult (trustee). The trustee must be aged 18 or over, have parental responsibility for the child and have a Santander personal current account. Trustees must apply in branch.
- If you’re aged between 13 and 18 years old and live permanently in the UK you can apply online.
There’s no overdraft facility available with this account.
This means we won't normally let you make a payment out of the account if there isn’t enough money in it. However, there may be times where you make a payment that we can't stop, which will take the account balance below zero. We won't charge you for this.
You’ll be automatically set up to receive text alerts when:
- your balance falls below zero
- you have regular payments due on your account for which you have insufficient funds to cover, we will ask you to pay into your account to ensure these payments are made;
- where a payment is refused as you don’t have enough funds.
If we don’t have a valid mobile number for you, we might not be able to reach you.
You a can also register for other account alerts to help you to stay on top of your finances. For example, alerts to advise you when your balance has fallen below a set limit, or you have had a deposit into your account greater than a set amount.
For more information visit Account alerts
You can manage your alerts settings at any time by using Online Banking, calling us on 0800 9 123 123 or visiting a branch.
From 7 July 2020 you can earn monthly interest on balances from £1 up to £2,000.
1.00% AER/ gross* (variable) on the entire balance
Once the balance is £1+
2.00% AER/ 1.98% gross (variable) on the entire balance
Once the balance is £1,000+
3.00% AER/ 2.96% gross (variable) on the entire balance
Once the balance is £1,500 up to £2,000
Before 7 July 2020 you can earn monthly interest on balances from £100 to £2,000.
|1.00% AER/ gross* (variable) on the entire balance||Once the balance is £100+|
|2.00% AER/ 1.98% gross (variable) on the entire balance||Once the balance is £200+|
|3.00% AER/ 2.96% gross (variable) on the entire balance||Once the balance is £300 up to £2,000|
*Rates are displayed to two decimal places. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly based on the annual gross rate of 0.995%
Interest is paid monthly on the day the account was opened.
For children under 13 years of age the account must be opened in trust by an adult (trustee). Trustees must be aged 18 or over, have parental responsibility for the child and have a Santander personal current account. After opening the account, the trustee must manage the account on behalf of the child.
Remember, as a trustee you’ll need to bring some proof of your name and address and your child’s name. See a list of acceptable identification
When the child reaches age 11, the trustee can choose:
- To hand over the account to the child
- To transfer money out of the account before handing over control and ownership, so the trustee can decide how much money the child has access to
- To continue to manage the account until the child is 18 years old
To remove the trust status from an existing account, the trustee must visit us in a branch with the child. For new account openings, the trust status can be removed for all children aged 11 and over the day after account opening.
Accounts cannot be opened in trust for children aged 13 or over.
From the age of 13 onwards, young people must open and manage a 1|2|3 Mini Current Account themselves.
- The account automatically transfers to an adult current account after the holder’s 19th birthday if it hasn’t been transferred to a different Santander current account before this time.
- Before transferring the account to an adult account we’ll give 2 months’ notice.
- The General Terms & Conditions for Current Accounts and Savings Accounts will continue to apply together with any specific conditions in the Key Facts Document for the new account (which we’ll provide to you at the time).
- For accounts not held in trust, at age 16 the account holder can start to earn cashback of up to 15% at a range of major retailers using their Santander debit card through Retailer Offers
If the trust status isn’t removed by the time the young person is 18, the interest rate on the account will change to 0.10% AER/gross (variable), unless we notify you otherwise. At this point, the account can't be transferred to another account in our range but the young person can apply for an adult current account in their own name. We’ll get in touch with more information near the young person’s 18th birthday.
You can access the 123 Mini Current Account anytime, anywhere.
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
Face-to-face support in branch and UK-based telephone support:
- In branch
- Telephone Banking
- ATM (for accounts not held in trust)
- Post Office (for accounts not held in trust) to make withdrawals, balance enquiries, cash deposits and cheque deposits
- For accounts held in your name, the account is for you to manage. If you're one of our younger customers you can ask an adult for any help you might need. However, as it's your account, they won't be able to manage it for you.
- For accounts held in trust, the trustee will be in charge of the account and can manage it through their Online and Mobile Banking
Keep your banking details private and secure.
For more information about our approach to security as well as more useful information to help you stop the threat of fraud visit our Security Centre
This account also comes with
Information correct as at 5 May 2020.