Book a branch appointment online
Book an appointment for a time which suits you
Find your nearest branch
Banking at a branch
We serve millions of customers in our branches every year and understand that friendly, face-to-face banking is as important as ever.
If you need to pay a cheque into your account urgently, you can do so by posting it to your local branch. If your branch is currently closed, a postal redirection service will ensure we still receive your cheque. (Please don’t hand deliver to your branch if it’s closed).
When sending a cheque to your local branch, please follow these instructions:
- If you have a paying in slip, complete this and send it with the cheque.
- If you don’t, please write your postcode, sort code and account number the cheque is to be credited to on the back of the cheque. Without this information we will not be able to pay in your cheque.
- As a precaution, please keep a note of the cheque details.
- We will do our very best to clear the cheque to your account as soon as possible, however there may be a slight delay.
Post Office: If you have a paying in slip and envelope, you can still deposit your cheque at the Post Office counter.
Please use our online chat if you need to contact us about cheque deposits.
In our Santander branches you can:
- talk to us in person
- use our ATMs to withdraw cash, deposit cash or cheques and check your bank balance
- open accounts
- get help and guidance on using our Online Banking services
- speak to our qualified mortgage, business and Select specialist adviser teams
- and much more.
You can find your nearest branch and check opening hours with our branch locator
In our branches you can find:
- automatic doors and at least one low-level counter
- private rooms on request to discuss your requirements
- cash machines inside most branches for increased security
- hearing loops to support hearing aids
- a welcome for all assistance dogs
- in Wales, help with your banking in Welsh if you prefer.
Booking an appointment
It's easy to book online
You can book an appointment online in any of our branches for a time which suits you. When you book online remember to include your phone number.
When you've booked an appointment
You'll receive an email which includes anything you'll need to bring with you (such as identification). You can also save the appointment into your smart device calendar as a reminder. We'll contact you ahead of your appointment to introduce ourselves.
This is our privacy statement and explains how Santander uses and keeps your information safe