Choose from fully comprehensive, third party fire and theft, and third party only cover.
Fully comprehensive cover includes as standard:
- cover if your car is stolen or damaged by fire or accident
- windscreen replacement and 24/7 repair helpline
- courtesy car while yours is being repaired by an approved repairer (subject to availability and eligibility)
- driving in the EU: up to 60 days in any period of insurance (your cover will be the same as it is in the UK)
- unlimited cover on manufacturer-fitted audio, sat nav and entertainment equipment
- stolen keys cover – up to £500
- personal belongings cover – up to £100
- repair work cover – 3 year guarantee on all approved claims repairs.
For full details on what’s covered, policy terms, conditions, and exclusions, please see our policy document which is available to download when you receive a quote.
Tailor your Santander Car Insurance with these optional extras for an additional cost:
- motor legal protection
- breakdown cover
- guaranteed replacement car
- no claims discount protection.
Full details on these optional extras are available when you get a quote. For full details on what’s covered, policy terms, conditions, and exclusions, please see our policy document which is available to download when you receive a quote.
When you receive a quote you’ll be able to download our policy document, which contains full details of cover, optional extras, policy terms, conditions and exclusions.
For information on how your data will be used you can view our data protection statement (pdf)
Santander Car Insurance is subject to standard underwriting and acceptance criteria. Quotations are valid for 30 days. Cover is subject to terms, conditions, restrictions and exclusions. Compulsory excesses apply. Full details are available in the policy document, available to download when you receive a quote. Please read the policy document before purchasing the policy.
Following withdrawal from the EU on 31 January 2020, the UK has now moved into a transition period which will last until 31 December 2020. During this period, further talks with the EU will be held to agree any future arrangements that will need to be in place by the end of the year.
During the transition period, you won’t need a Green Card as proof of insurance for driving in the EU.
Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday. Calls may be recorded or monitored.
Need to make a claim?
Send us a tweet
Please don't tweet your personal or banking details
Why choose Santander?