You can pay off your mortgage in full at any time before the end of your mortgage term. This is also known as redeeming. Get a settlement figure for any date within the next 31 days in Mobile or Online Banking. You can contact us within 7 days of that date to pay it off.
Get a settlement figure
This is the amount you owe on your mortgage including interest. It may also include additional fees, such as an early repayment charge or a mortgage account fee. You can download a pdf of this to keep for your records.
In the Mobile app:
- Choose your mortgage on the homepage
- Choose ‘Manage my mortgage’
- Tap ‘Get settlement figure’
In Online Banking:
- Find your mortgage on the homepage
- Click on ‘Manage your mortgage’ in the drop-down menu next to your mortgage details
- Choose ‘Get settlement figure’
Or, you can get in touch with us to request your settlement figure.
Early repayment charge
You'll pay an early repayment charge (ERC) on any parts of your mortgage which are still within their initial deal period. Details of any early repayment charge can be found in your original mortgage offer, annual mortgage statement and in your mortgage account in Mobile and Online Banking. The actual amount to pay will be calculated and shown as part of your request.
We’ll consider waiving an ERC if you have an existing fixed rate mortgage and you’re diagnosed with a critical or terminal illness, for example, dementia or cancer, which means you need to move home to better suit your living arrangements or you no longer need a mortgage. We’ll also consider waiving an ERC if your personal or financial situation has changed, outside of your control. Please get in touch, so we can review your circumstances.
Paying off your mortgage
Once you have your settlement figure and decide to go ahead you will need to:
- Contact us within 7 days of the chosen date of when you want to pay off your mortgage in full and we'll guide you through the process
- We’ll send you a mortgage redemption statement that will give you a full breakdown of the amount you’d owe us. You can view this in Mobile and Online Banking and download it
- You must contact us to pay off your mortgage in full. We’ll give you the details of where to pay the money to when you call
- Once the mortgage has been paid in full, we’ll get your account settled and closed within 13 working days
- If you need written confirmation, please make sure you ask for a closing statement when you speak to us. This will be sent after the account is closed
Not looking to pay off your mortgage in full?
We may be able to help you in other ways if you don't want to pay off your mortgage in full:
Make an overpayment
You can make overpayments in Mobile and Online Banking. How much you can overpay will depend on whether your Santander mortgage is on a fixed rate or not. See our mortgage overpayments page for more information
Change your deal
If you keep your mortgage with us and change to a new deal, there's no legal or valuation fees and we don't need to do an affordability or credit check. Look at our change your mortgage page for more information.
We can give you an instant decision in principle without impacting your credit score. Look at our moving home page for more information.
Looking to borrow more for your next project or big purchase? Look at our borrowing more page for more information about eligibility and ways to apply.