Download the mobile banking app
Do your banking wherever you are
For many of our customers, their smartphone is a convenient way to deal with day-to-day banking. Our mobile apps give you the flexibility to manage your money, make payments on-the-move, create a budget and even get cashback while doing so.
- Mobile Banking lets you manage your current accounts, savings accounts and credit cards, anytime and anywhere.
- Our Santander Wallet app can analyse and track your spending to help control your budgets.
What you can do
- Log on securely using Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint (with compatible devices).
- Check your account balances and transactions.
- Enable ‘Quick Balance’ to see your balance without logging on.
- View your credit card transactions; including your pending transactions - giving you greater visibility as soon as you spend.
- View your loan, investment and mortgage balance.
- Share your payment success screen with friends and family using WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, text and email.
- Book appointments in our branches.
- Pay people you've paid before and set up new payees.
- View, cancel or set up standing orders.
- View or cancel Direct Debits.
- Check your 1|2|3 World cashback.
- Earn up to 15% cashback with Retailer Offers.
- Find your nearest Santander branch.
When you've downloaded it, open the app and follow the instructions to get started. If you don't already have Online Banking log on details, you'll need to sign up and have your account details to hand.
If you'd like to learn more about Mobile Banking, take a look at our short video
Download the Santander Wallet app
Retailer Offers is a free service available through Online and Mobile Banking. Once switched on, you could earn up to 15% cashback at a variety of major retailers when you use your Santander debit or credit card.
Here are some examples of retailers you may get offers from:
To access Retailer Offers within your mobile banking app, visit Retailer Offers within the 'More' menu at the bottom of the page. Follow the on-screen instructions to switch on the service and see what offers are available for you.
For further information take a look at our Retailer Offers page
If you use an Apple device you’ll need to be running iOS10 or above. If you use Android you’ll need Lollipop 5.0 or above. Either go to your app store and search for Santander Mobile Banking or we can send you a link directly to the app if you need to download the latest operating system.
Santander Wallet is available to all personal Santander debit card users and main credit cardholders. It is not available for additional credit cardholders or business banking customers.
Jailbroken or rooted devices
Devices that have been jailbroken or rooted have had their security settings changed from the device standard, which can mean that they are more vulnerable to malware and fraudulent attacks. We block access to the app from these devices as an additional security measure, to help keep your details and your accounts safe.
If your device is jailbroken or rooted, you'll need to use Mobile Banking on a different device. If you don’t want to do this, you can still see your accounts by logging on to Online Banking.
To help you manage your spending we've developed Santander Wallet, a free mobile app for personal banking customers.
We want to help you to view, analyse and track your debit or credit card spend in detail so that you can budget more effectively.
With Santander Wallet you can:
- analyse your spend over weekly, monthly and yearly time periods
- see your Santander personal debit and credit card PIN securely if you've forgotten it
- break down all of your Santander debit and credit card spending, either by individual card or a combination
- track and analyse your spend by different categories such as food and drink, everyday travel and supermarkets
- track by brand or retailer so you can see where you’re spending
- get bite-size pieces of information on your spending habits with 'spend nuggets‘.
How can I see a forgotten PIN?
Santander Wallet can securely show you your forgotten card PIN for a few seconds.
To see your PIN:
- tap the PIN icon in the Santander Wallet home screen, it looks like this
- we’ll ask you to use a One Time Passcode (OTP) or Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint to view your card PIN securely
- enter the OTP on the screen we show you
- your PIN will appear for 20 seconds before disappearing.
Get the app
You can get started by searching ‘Santander Wallet’ in your app store to download the app. (If you use Apple Pay you’ll find a link to Santander Wallet in the Apple Wallet app.) When you've downloaded the app, log on with your usual Online or Mobile Banking security details. Then in the future you have the option to log on simply using your Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint, if your device supports these log on options. This makes accessing the app much quicker and more convenient, wherever you are. You must already have your fingerprint or face set up on your phone.
If you're an iPhone, iPad or Android™ phone user:
Santander Wallet is available to Santander debit and credit card customers using an Apple device running iOS 9.0 or above or Android device running Android™ 4.4 (KitKat® or higher). Santander Wallet is available to all personal Santander debit card users and main credit cardholders but does not show all transactions such as Direct Debits and standing orders. It is not available for additional credit cardholders or Business Banking customers.