The Telephone Banking number is 0800 9 123 123.
Our UK-based team is available 7 days a week.
Alternatively our automated service lets you check your balance or mini statements and make payments to people or companies you’ve paid before 24/7.
Calls to our Telephone Banking number are free from UK landlines and mobiles.
To use Telephone Banking we'll try to identify you from the telephone number you're calling from and verify you using Voice ID.
Or, you’ll need your 16 digit card number and your date of birth or your Customer ID and Telephone Banking Number.
- get answers to any queries you might have about your accounts
- transfer money
- check your balance
- order a statement
- set up or cancel standing orders and Direct Debits
- order a new card or PIN
- pay bills
Now your voice can be your password
You can now use just your voice to access Telephone Banking with Voice ID. Simply set up your voiceprint and you’ll no longer need to remember your Security Number or Telephone Banking number.
How it works
You’ll need to create a voiceprint by calling Telephone Banking on 0800 9 123 123 and enter your Telephone Banking number or Security Number as usual.
- We’ll ask you if you’d like to create a voiceprint
- You’ll create it by saying ‘At Santander my voice is my password’ up to 5 times. Make sure you’re in a quiet place so that your voice can be clearly heard.
- The next time you call, simply say the phrase when prompted and you’ll access Telephone Banking with your voice.
Santander Voice ID is available to customers aged 18 years and over who are registered for Telephone Banking.
How secure is it?
Your voice is unique to you. We analyse your physical and behavioural characteristics such as how you pronounce words, your accent to how you talk when creating your voiceprint. Voice ID can identify you even if you have a cold and it can help us to detect if someone is impersonating you or playing a recording of you.
Forgotten your details?
If you’ve forgotten your Telephone Banking number or Security Number you may be able to reset them or you can call us on 0800 9 123 123.
What is Phone ID?
We use the telephone number you’re calling from to identify you, so you don’t need to put in your Personal ID or card number.
This means that when you call us you’ll only need to confirm your Telephone Banking number or Security Number, typically just 5 digits. Or you can use Voice ID if you’ve registered.
How does it work?
You’ll be automatically registered for phone ID if we have a unique contact number for you, preferably a mobile number.
You’ll need to use Online Banking, our mobile app or Telephone Banking at least once a month to stay registered for Phone ID.
- Your phone number is unique to you so it’s a secure way of identifying you.
- We don’t use telephone numbers which multiple people can use (i.e. shared landline numbers). If a landline is unique to you it can be used.
- We’ll always ask for additional information to verify you. That way if your phone gets stolen, your money stays secure.
What if it doesn’t work?
If we can’t identify you from your phone number we’ll ask you to confirm your Personal ID or card number. If you’ve forgotten your Telephone Banking number or Security Number you may be able to reset them or you can call us on 0800 9 123 123.