It’s fast, secure, and easy to use
You can get your basic banking done with Telephone Banking. We have improved our services by introducing our voice driven Interactive Voice Response (IVR) that allows you to interact with our customer support system using your voice.
We understand that your time is precious, and we want to make it easier and more efficient for you to get the information and assistance you need. You’ll no longer be required to use your keypad to access our services and you can do everything with just your voice.
It is even more secure with Voice ID, which lets your voice be your password.
But it’s often quicker and easier to manage your accounts using our Mobile Banking app or with Online Banking. You can complete many transactions, including making payments or transfers.
Our UK-based team is available 7 days a week. Thanks for treating us with respect when you speak to us.
When you use Telephone Banking, we need to check that it's you. We have several ways to do it, whether you want to speak to us or use our automated service. We’ve made this step even easier with Voice ID.
What is Voice ID?
Voice ID is a way to confirm your identity using your voice when calling us. Voice ID is:
- Easy: your voice will be your password, so you won’t need to remember your security number or Telephone Banking number.
- Fast: once you’ve set it up, it’s easy for us to confirm your identity.
- Safe: it’s also a secure way to protect your account, as your voice is unique to you.
How to register for Voice ID?
To register for Voice ID, follow these three easy steps.
- Call us on 0330 9 123 123 from your registered phone number.
- Have your 5-digit security number to hand.
- Follow the instructions that are read out to you over the phone to complete the registration process.
To register for Voice ID you must be over the age of 13.
Is it safe?
Yes, Voice ID is very secure. Voice ID will recognise if someone is trying to impersonate you or play a recording of you, as your voice is unique to you.
How does it work?
Once you've set up Voice ID, you'll just need to follow the steps below when calling us again.
- Give us a call from the number we hold for you so that Voice ID can match your voice.
- When prompted, say 'At Santander, my voice is my password'.
- Once we recognise your voice, you'll then be asked why you’re calling today and will be able to manage your account or talk to a member of our team.
Call us on 0330 9 123 123.
If you don't sign up for Voice ID, you can still use Telephone Banking but when you call, we do need to check it's you. If you can’t call from a registered number, you'll be asked to provide your Personal ID or, a Debit/Credit Card Number as well as your Security Number.
Find help and support on our website
Our support pages could save you calling.