Why stay with us?
- Flexibility to keep your current mortgage deal or choose a new one
- Free, expert advice from our Mortgage Advisers
- Free home energy report (provided by Countrywide Surveying Services) on how to improve your home's energy efficiency
- No product fee on some of our mortgages
- Free standard valuation on most of our mortgages on properties worth up to £2.5 million
What we can offer
If you're looking to move home and keep you mortgage with us, you have two options to choose from.
You can apply to keep your current mortgage deal and take it with you when you move to a new home. This is known as ‘porting’ your mortgage. Being able to port your mortgage is subject to status and our lending criteria.
Borrow the same or less
You won’t pay an early repayment charge if you port the same amount as your existing mortgage. If you port less, you’ll pay an early repayment charge, if applicable.
If you want to borrow more, you can apply for a new deal on the extra amount from our current mortgage range.
Sell and buy on different days
If you can’t sell and buy on the same day, you can still port your existing mortgage rate as long as you complete on your new home within 3 months. Flexible offset mortgages are excluded from this.
You may want to apply for a new mortgage deal if the rate you’re paying is higher than the rate we’re offering now.
If you have less than 6 months left on your current deal when you apply for the new mortgage and it’s for at least the same amount, you won’t have to pay an early repayment charge.
Ways to apply
Get a free, instant decision in principle before you apply. When it's agreed, we'll arrange to continue your application by phone.
Speak to a Mortgage Adviser who can advise you on your next steps
0800 092 3881
Lines are open 9am-7pm Monday to Friday