Transferring ISAs from other providers
You can transfer ISAs you have with other providers at any time, however for transfers in to a 2 Year Fixed Rate ISA we must receive the transfer request within 14 days of you opening your Santander ISA. The money you’re transferring must reach your Santander ISA within 30 days of opening. Before you transfer your ISA to us you’ll need to consider these points:
- We don't charge a transfer fee but other providers may.
- You can transfer some or all the money that you’ve paid into an ISA in previous tax years. If you want to transfer money that you’ve paid into an ISA in the current tax year, you’ll need to transfer all of it.
- If you transfer an ISA in full to us and have built up previous tax year flexible allowances with your current provider, you’ll lose that allowance when you transfer to us.
- If you want to use the flexible allowance you should re-deposit into your existing ISA before you transfer to us.
- Transferring money out of a Help to Buy: ISA will impact the bonus you may receive.
If your Child Trust Fund (CTF) is due to mature or has matured
You can transfer all or part of your maturing CTF, your matured CTF or Protected ISA to one of our cash ISAs. If your CTF is maturing, the transfer will only occur at the point of maturity, on your 18th birthday. If you only want to transfer part of the money held in your account, you must give instructions to your existing provider on what you want to do with the remainder before the transfer can be completed.
The ISA manager for Santander cash ISAs is Santander UK plc. For Santander stocks and shares ISAs the ISA manager is Santander ISA Managers Limited. This means that transfers between Santander cash ISAs and Santander stocks and shares ISAs should be treated as transfers between ISA providers, not transfers of existing cash ISAs with Santander.
Cash ISA transfer form (58 KB)
Stocks and Shares ISA transfer form (pdf)
Innovative Finance ISA transfer form (pdf)
Lifetime ISA transfer form (pdf) (75 KB)
Matured Child Trust Fund and Protected ISA transfer form (pdf) (2.23 MB)
To transfer from an existing cash ISA held with another provider to a Help to Buy: ISA with Santander, please fill in our transfer form (1.80 MB)
Transferring other Santander cash ISAs
If you have more than one Santander cash ISA, you can combine any balances into a single cash ISA using the Santander Cash ISA transfer form below. To transfer in to a new Fixed Rate ISA, we need to receive your transfer form within 14 days of you opening your new ISA.