Please enter your current mortgage details on the left. You can change your existing mortgage term, repayment method or interest rate on the right to see how much your mortgage payments might be. This is useful if you’re on a variable rate mortgage and you want to see how the Bank of England base rate changing could impact your finances.
You can also use this calculator to see how much it’ll cost each month if you switch to an interest only mortgage for 6 months. Or, how much your payments will decrease if you increase your term in line with the Government Mortgage Charter
Before you decide to make any changes please read the important information below.
This calculator is for illustrative purposes only.
How to make a change to your mortgage
If you’re thinking about changing your current deal, visit our changing deals section.
There are two ways to change your mortgage.
Using the Mortgage Charter
- You can switch to interest only for 6 months or increase your mortgage term. You can only make one change under the Charter
- There’s no fee for doing this
- There’s no affordability check or advice provided
- We won’t do a credit search, so it won’t show on your credit file.
- If you’re increasing your term a maximum age limit and term applies.
- Buy to Let mortgages are excluded.
- You can cancel and go back to your original terms within 6 months without an affordability check or a credit search. To cancel your request, please call us on 0800 783 9738.
Already have Mobile and Online Banking? Log on, choose your mortgage account, then click ‘Manage my mortgage’. Or give us a call us 0800 917 5630. Lines are open 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm Saturday.
Without using the Mortgage Charter
- You can change your method of repayment and mortgage term
- There’s currently no fee for doing this
- We carry out an affordability check and provide advice
- We’ll do a credit search which will show on your credit file.
- If you change to an interest only mortgage, you’ll need a suitable repayment plan in place to pay off the capital at the end of your term. For example, from a mortgage-related endowment policy or ISA.
- If you’re changing your method of repayment or term a maximum age limit and term applies.
- If you make a change to your mortgage, you may not be able to go back to your original terms in the future. Any changes will be subject to an affordability check and our lending policy at the time.
- You’ll need to provide evidence of your income.
- We’ll also need specific documents from you. Please see our list of documents you may need for your circumstances.
Already have Mobile and Online Banking? Log on, choose your mortgage account, then click ‘Manage my mortgage’. We’ll then contact you to finish your application over the phone. Or give us a call on 0800 051 5579 Lines are open 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm Saturday.