Reporting a lost, stolen or damaged card
Tell us as soon as you notice that your card has been lost or stolen.
- If you have a Mastercard credit or debit card: You can freeze and unfreeze it in our Mobile Banking app. This gives you time to look for your card without worrying that your money is unsafe. If you can’t find it then you can report it as lost or stolen in our Mobile or Online Banking. Alternatively, you can contact us
- If you have a Visa debit card: The quickest way to report it to us is in Online Banking. You can also contact us directly.
If you need more detailed step-by-step instructions on how to report your card as lost, stolen or damaged, take a look at our mobile demo
If you report your card lost or stolen, the old card will be blocked, and you'll be sent a new card. If you don't see a new card in the app 3 days after reporting your old card, please contact us
Can't log on to Online Banking? Visit our trouble logging on page for help and tips.
Report your card using our chat service
Our digital assistant, Sandi, is available to chat 24/7. If Sandi can’t answer your question, you’ll be put in touch with a real person once someone becomes available.
You’ll get your replacement card in 4-5 working days.
You won’t need a new PIN unless you ask for one when you report your card as lost or stolen. Otherwise, you can view your PIN in the mobile app. If you do request a new PIN, it’ll arrive in a separate letter in 4-5 working days.
If you lose your card, your digital wallets will still work, so you can pay for things using mobile payments while you wait for your new card. However, if your Visa card is being replaced with a Mastercard, you’ll need to add your new card to your digital wallet.
If you need access to your money before your new card arrives, please visit one of our branches with either:
- another Santander card, or
- valid photo ID (driving licence or passport).
You can still manage your money in Mobile and Online Banking.
You can use Online or Mobile Banking to check for any transactions you don't recognise. If you spot anything unusual, please contact us
If your card is lost or stolen, you're protected against fraud if:
- you let us know as soon as you realise your card is lost or stolen and
- you've taken the proper precautions to keep your card and security details safe.
If you’re outside the UK and need to report your card as lost or stolen, please call us.
For debit cards, call +44 1908 237 963
For credit cards, call +44 1512 648 725