What you can get for no monthly fee
- No minimum monthly funding or monthly fee to maintain the account
- Arranged Overdraft facility (subject to status)
- Stress-free account switching in 7 days with the Current Account Switch Service
- Earn up to 15% cashback with Retailer Offers when you use your Santander debit card at a range of major retailers
- You're over 18 and live in the UK permanently
The Arranged Overdraft Usage fee will depend on the amount you use.
Arranged overdraft fee
£1 a day
£2 a day
£3 a day
£2,000 to £2,999.99
£3,000 and over
Unarranged overdraft fee
£6 a day
Fee for allowing a payment
£10 per transaction
Fee for allowing or refusing a payment
£10 per transaction
The Everyday Current Account has a monthly cap for Unarranged Overdraft Fees of £50. This means that if you incur any Unarranged Fees (including fees for allowing or refusing a payment due to lack of funds) in any monthly statement period, they will never be more than £50 in total.
We have other borrowing options, such as credit cards, personal loans, and additional loans for our existing mortgage customers. Learn more about our borrowing options
There are other charges with this account, such as when you use your card abroad. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for details.
Overdrafts depend on your circumstances and you must repay any overdraft when we ask in line with our General Terms and Conditions.
- Everyday Current Account Key Facts Document (pdf)
- Everyday Current Account Fee Information Document (pdf)
- General Terms & Conditions (pdf)
To view these documents you may need to download Adobe Reader
You’re over 18 and live in the UK permanently.
You can access the Everyday Current Account anytime, anywhere:
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking app
- Register to receive mobile-to-mobile payments with Paym
Face-to-face support in branch and UK-based telephone support:
- In branch
- Telephone Banking
- Post Office
We’ll send you alerts about your balance and payments to help you avoid using an unarranged overdraft. You can manage your alert settings through Online Banking, calling us on 0800 9 123 123 or visiting a branch.
Keep your banking details private and secure.
For more information about our approach to security as well as more useful information to help you stop the threat of fraud visit our Security Centre
You’ll automatically receive a monthly statement in your 'e-Documents' within Online Banking. Paper statements are available, and if requested will be sent once every three months unless you ask for monthly paper statements. You may also request statements in an alternative format, such as braille.
This account also comes with
Information correct as at 11 January 2019.