Stress-free switching in just 7 working days
- You can either switch to a new account, or one you've already got with us.
- Our dedicated switcher team will switch of all your Direct Debits, standing orders and your salary.
- Choose when your switch starts – this can be up to 60 days in the future.
- It will only take 7 working days.
- We will keep you updated of progress by letter, text and email.
- We'll close your old account and redirect any payments to your Santander Current Account.
- You could get a 4 month fee-free Arranged Overdraft when you switch to us. Overdrafts are offered depending on your circumstances.
- After the fee-free period, arranged overdraft interest may apply, depending on your account.
You can also choose to switch to Santander from a bank or building society that is not a participant in the Current Account Switch Service free of charge. For more information please read our Current Account Switch Guarantee
Switching your overdraft
Current accounts that include an overdraft can switch to us using the Current Account Switch Service. If you’d like to have an overdraft with your new Santander bank account, speak to us before starting your switch. We'll be able to advise if you’re eligible for an overdraft, which is dependant on our lending criteria and your credit status