Given the exceptional circumstances surrounding the global impact of Coronavirus, we’ve made the difficult decision to pause the sale of Santander Travel Insurance to new customers. We will continue to monitor the situation closely.
There is no change for existing customers who already have a policy with us and the claims process is unaffected. We remain committed to providing you with cover and have compiled a list of questions and answers for you. If you have an Annual Multi-Trip policy which is due to expire, we will be writing to you. Please wait for this letter before getting in touch with us.
If you need to talk to us about making a claim please read the following points carefully first:
- We are experiencing unprecedented numbers of customers getting in touch with us by telephone. We understand that if you have a holiday booked you will be worried and will want to talk to us as soon as possible. However, we are asking you to wait and only get in touch with us if your holiday is due to start within the next 28 days.
- You may be eligible for a refund from your travel provider, or you may have some protection from your credit card provider or from your bank. We advise you to check with them first before making a claim and we may require proof of this.
- Please read the questions and answers below as they may provide you with the information you need for now (for example if you are not due to travel until later in the year).
Will Santander Travel Insurance provide me with cancellation cover if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has advised against all travel or all but essential travel to my destination?
Yes, as long as all the requirements below are met:
- you purchased your policy and booked your trip before the FCO travel advice was issued
- you have not been able to get a refund from either your travel provider, your credit card provider or your bank (we may require proof of this)
- your claim meets all other eligibility requirements as detailed in your policy documentation
Will Santander Travel Insurance provide me with cancellation cover if the FCO have not advised against travel, but I choose not to go on holiday because I am worried about Coronavirus?
No, your policy will not cover you if you change your mind about travelling.
Will Santander Travel Insurance provide me with cancellation cover if I cannot travel because I have contracted Coronavirus in the UK?
Yes, as long as your medical declaration was completed accurately at the time you applied for your policy.
Will I have medical cover under my policy if I travel and contract Coronavirus?
Yes, as long as your medical declaration was completed accurately at the time you applied for your policy and you are not travelling to an area where the FCO has advised against all travel or all but essential travel.
For a full list of what's covered, including any excesses that may apply, exclusions and product terms and conditions, please read the Santander Travel Insurance policy documentation
Or, you can log on to your Self Service Centre My Insurance as normal
If, after reading the information above, you need to get in touch please call Chubb customer services on 0800 519 9921