If your existing account no longer meets your needs, please get in touch so we can help to check if we have an alternative, more suitable, account.
You can contact us to discuss your account or request closure by sending a secure message through Online Banking, calling us on 0800 9 123 123 or by visiting one of our branches.
Find a branch
When you close your account, we will provide you with up to 5 years of payment transaction history in an electronic format. If you have Online Banking, it’s already available by downloading your previous statements from your document store.
If you don’t have Online Banking, an electronic copy of your payment transaction history is still available, but you’ll need to request Online Banking log on details to be able to view and download this information. Visit the Online Banking page to find out how to sign up.
If you don’t want your payment transaction history right now you can still ask for it for up to 5 years after closing your account, but we will only provide your payment transaction history for that period when your account was open in the 5 years before your request. For example – if you request it:
- three years after you closed your account, we’ll provide two years of payment transaction history
- two years after you closed your account, we’ll provide three years of payment transaction history etc.
If you would like your payment transaction history in another format, you can request this by calling us on 0800 9 123 123 or visiting your local branch.
We’re not required to provide payment transaction history at account closure if your current account has been closed due to:
- fraud or other unlawful activity;
- the death of an account holder; or
- the account has not been used for five or more years (which means there is no payment transaction history).