If you’re thinking about investing, be mindful that your money can go down as well as up. It’s possible you may get back less than you invest. While you can access your money at any time, please only consider investing money you won’t need for at least 5 years.
How can you invest sustainably
- Join the Investment Hub for a convenient way to start and track investments online
- Open a Stocks and Shares ISA or Investment Account and choose where you want to invest by selecting from our fund range
- Choose from a range of funds with an objective of having a positive impact across Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues, including the Santander Asset Management GO Global Equity ESG fund
Can you invest?
- You need to be 18 or over
- You need to be a UK resident
When you invest, you choose funds to hold in your account. Your money is then invested in those funds and the companies contained within that fund. The value of your investment is linked with the performance of the funds, going up and down over time.
Every fund has an investment objective/policy. It defines how the fund manager chooses which companies to include in the fund. When a fund has Environmental, Social or Governance (ESG) preferences, this means the fund manager will usually include or consider ESG factors when choosing investments for that fund.
Check the fund’s objective/policy
Reading a fund's objective/policy will help you learn whether the fund has a particular emphasis on environmental impact, education, health, social responsibility, human rights, diversity, animal welfare, sustainable governance, or other issues. You can then be comfortable that your choice of fund(s) aligns with your views around sustainability.
Balance risk with sustainable investing
When choosing to invest in one or more funds with an ESG objective/policy, you still need to consider the prospect of your investment value changing over time. Remember that the value can go down as well as up. You should always balance this risk with your wish to invest sustainably.
- Join the Santander Investment Hub or, if you’ve already joined, log on through your online banking.
- We have a range of sustainable funds available for execution-only investing. Join the Santander Investment Hub or, if you’ve already joined, log on through your Online Banking.
- Decide if you want to invest through either a Stocks and Shares ISA or an Investment Account. Tip: Using a fund’s ISIN number is a quick way to find that fund.
- Think about the fund’s objective/policy and risk rating before deciding to add to your investment.
The list below shows funds available on the Investment Hub with an ESG objective/policy, including the newest addition to the platform, the Santander GO Global Equity ESG fund. We’re not presenting the list as a recommendation, simply as a way to help you find funds with an ESG objective/policy if you’re considering sustainable investing.
As with all funds, there are varying degrees of risk associated with each of the funds listed. You should make sure you're comfortable with the level of risk before investing.
|7IM SUSTAINABLE BALANCE "C" ACC||GB00B1LBFZ86|
|7IM SUSTAINABLE BALANCE "C" INC||GB00B1LBG003|
|Acumen ESG Protection Portfolio "A" GBP||IE00BKBNVB56|
|CT UK SOCIAL BOND “Z” (GBP) ACC||GB00BF233790|
|CT UK SOCIAL BOND “Z” (GBP) INC||GB00BF233915|
|JANUS HENDERSON GLOBAL SUSTAINABLE EQUITY "I" (GBP) INC||GB0005030043|
|Janus Henderson Global Sustainable Equity Fund I Acc||GB00B71DPP64|
|JANUS HENDERSON GLOBAL RESPONSIBLE MANAGED "I" (GBP) ACC||GB00B4LMJ388|
|Janus Henderson UK Responsible Income Fund I Inc||GB0005030373|
|M&G Global Sustain Paris Aligned "I" (GBP) ACC||GB00B77HHZ62|
|M&G Global Sustain Paris Aligned "I" (GBP) INC||GB00B556Q879|
|Santander GO Global Equity ESG "RKP" (GBP) Acc||LU2013631366|
|STEWART INVESTORS ASIA PACIFIC LEADERS SUSTAINABILITY FUND CLASS B (ACC) GBP||GB0033874768|
|STEWART INVESTORS ASIA PACIFIC LEADERS SUSTAINABILITY FUND CLASS B (INC) GBP||GB00B57S0V20|
|Stewart Investors Worldwide Leaders Sustainability Fund Class B (Acc) GBP||GB0030978729|
|Stewart Investors Worldwide Sustainability Fund Class B (Acc) GBP||GB00B7W30613|
|Stewart Investors Worldwide Sustainability Fund Class B (Inc) GBP||GB00B8319S60|
Net Zero With Nature
We’re a proud founding partner of the Net Zero With Nature initiative with the UK National Parks. We’re helping to restore nature and fighting climate change by bringing back peatlands, woodlands, wetlands and wild spaces across the UK.
Why choose Santander?