We're helping keep you safe from scams when you make payments. Take a look
You can securely access and manage any of your accounts through Online Banking and the mobile banking app. Log on with your computer, tablet or smartphone or use Mobile Banking on your phone.
If you have more than one account or a credit card, a mortgage or investments with us, you'll also be able to manage them through Online Banking.
If you're new to Online Banking, take a look at the section below to learn how to sign up.
- View your account balance, interest rates and any fees.
- Check your latest transactions and statements.
- View and download your account summary to help with tax returns.
- Make payments securely or transfer money between accounts.
- Check, change or cancel any pending payments.
- Let us know you'll be using your card abroad.
- Report a lost or stolen card.
- Set up free email or text alerts.
- Help with questions about Mobile and Online Banking using chat with us
- Manage how we contact you about your account.
- Order new cards, PINs, chequebooks and statements.
- Update your personal details and security settings.
- Know you're protected by our Online and Mobile Banking commitment
You can be confident your money is safe when you manage your account online. We have robust standards of security in the technology behind Online Banking and how we guard your identity.
The technology behind Online Banking
The secure areas of our website and app uses strong 128-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption to keep your details safe.
Keeping your details secure online
We provide multiple ways to keep your details safe online.
- Your log on details are unique to you.
- Depending on your device, you can choose to use TouchID or FaceID to log on to Mobile Banking with your fingerprint or face.
- For certain transactions, we provide an additional layer of security by asking you to enter your security details, by sending you an OTP or by referring you to our mobile banking app, so that we can check its you. Read more about our online security here
- Your online transactions are covered by our Online and Mobile Banking Commitment.
We recommend you always keep your computer's virus and malware software up-to-date. You can also download the free Trusteer Rapport software from IBM to protect your data online
Our Online and Mobile Banking Commitment
We give you a peace of mind guarantee that we will refund money taken from your account as a result of fraud. This guarantee does not cover instances where you have acted fraudulently or have not taken reasonable steps to keep your security information safe.
Protect yourself from scams online
Scams trick people into revealing their bank details or making payments to unknown parties. Criminals target people of all ages with genuine-sounding scenarios to convince them to make a payment or reveal their banking details. Protect yourself by knowing some of the techniques criminals use by visiting our fraud and security centre
You can apply to use Online Banking through any of the ways below.
Sign up online
To sign up online you'll need your debit card and account number, sort code, your UK address, date of birth and access to your mobile phone. Get started online
Sign up using the Mobile Banking app
Download the Santander Mobile Banking app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and follow the instructions on the screen.
Sign up by telephone
Call our team on 0800 9 123 123 or +44 (0)1908 237 963 if you live outside the UK. You'll need your debit card and account details to hand.
Sign up at a branch
Visit any branch with your debit card, account details and a form of identification. If you'd like to, you can book an appointment by calling 0800 9 123 123.