- Heating system upgrades
- Gas boiler (must meet Boiler Plus standard – min 92% ErP / A rated)
- Air source heat pump / ground source heat pump
- Smart energy controls
- Insulation (wall, floor, loft, roof, tanks and pipes)
- Replacement windows / double glazing (min Window Energy Rating (WER) Band C)
- Replacement doors (min Door Set Energy Rating (DSER) Band E)
- Solar PV, solar thermal and home batteries
- Electric car charging point
To find out how much you could borrow and if green additional loans are available for you, use our borrowing calculator to compare loans.
To apply for a green additional loan you must:
- borrow a minimum of £5,000 up to a maximum of £25,000 for energy-efficient home improvements
- borrow the money for a minimum of 5 years
- borrow less than 85% of your home’s value, including your existing mortgage and the additional loan you’re looking to take out
- not have been declared bankrupt or subject to an Individual Voluntary Arrangement.
If you want to borrow less than £5,000 or pay it off in under 5 years take a look at our other borrowing options
Information about Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) and links to independent information on the different types of improvements can be found on our energy efficiency page
If you have a Santander mortgage, but don’t have a current EPC or you’ve made improvements since your property was last assessed, you can get a free home energy report from our partner Countrywide Surveying Services. It'll give you an estimated view of the energy efficiency of your home and how you could improve it.
THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Applications are subject to status and lending criteria.