eISA (Issue 11)
Interest is calculated daily and added to this account annually in March.
Yes, the rate can go up or down e.g. in response to industry and market conditions. If the rate goes down, we’ll let you know around 14 days before the rate changes.
|Account name||Interest earned||Balance after 12 months|
|eISA for 1|2|3 World or Santander Select customers||£1.00||£1,001.00|
Estimates assume that the account is opened and deposit is made on 1st March and no change to interest rates.
These illustrations are only examples and don’t take into account individual circumstances.
At the end of term
The term of the account is 12 months. On maturity we’ll transfer your account to an ISA Saver, currently paying 0.01% AER/tax-free (variable) for balances of £1+ and 0.10% AER/tax-free (variable) for balances of £10,000+.
- Online and Mobile.
- Visit any Santander branch.
You can transfer ISAs in and out at any time.
A subscription is any deposit (or payment) made by you into an ISA.
There’s a minimum opening balance of £500, the maximum balance at any time is £2 million. You can open the account with a zero balance if you are transferring in existing ISAs with a balance of at least £500.
The ISA allowances for the 2020/21 tax year is £20,000.
Deposits can be made up to and including 5 April 2021.
Deposits can be made at any time via standing order, one-off payments or online transfers.
This eISA is a cash ISA. Please be aware that if your deposits for any given tax year are less than the full ISA allowance for that tax year, you won’t be able to pay into another cash ISA in the same tax year to use the remaining allowance.
You can subscribe your ISA allowance into a cash ISA, a stocks and shares ISA, an innovative finance ISA and a lifetime ISA or a combination of the four. Santander do not offer innovative finance ISAs or lifetime ISAs.
For example, if you subscribe to this eISA you won’t also be able to subscribe to one of our other cash ISAs (including fixed rate ISAs and variable rate ISAs) this tax year.
A tax year runs from 6th April in one year to 5th April the next.
This product doesn’t accept additional permitted subscriptions.
Manage the account
- Online and Mobile Banking.
- A cash card can be requested or the account can be linked to an existing Santander card.
- Statements are issued annually in March in Online Banking only. We provide you with information about transactions on your account by posting them to Online Banking for you to view at any time.
Yes, withdrawals can be made at any time by transfer to another account in Online and Mobile Banking.
Any money that you withdraw yourself from your Santander ISA will lose its tax-free status and if repaid back into an ISA, will count towards your current tax year’s ISA limit.
We aren’t offering additional flexibility on ISAs but some providers are offering this feature. Those providers may allow you to replace funds that you have withdrawn with them without affecting the ISA limit.
You can cancel the account within 14 days of opening and your money will be returned in full with interest.
The tax treatment of ISAs depends on your circumstances and may change in the future.
Subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. Rates and information correct as at 2 June 2020.
You can transfer ISAs you have with other providers at any time.
Before you transfer your ISA to us you’ll need to consider these points:
- We don't charge a transfer fee but other providers may.
- You can transfer some or all the money that you’ve paid into an ISA in previous tax years. If you want to transfer money that you’ve paid into an ISA in the current tax year, you’ll need to transfer all of it.
- If you transfer an ISA in full to us and have built up previous tax year flexible allowances with your current provider, you’ll lose that allowance when you move to Santander.
- If you want to use the flexible allowance you should re-deposit into your existing ISA before you transfer to us.
- Transferring money out of a Help to Buy: ISA will impact the bonus you may receive.
- The ISA manager for Santander cash ISAs is Santander UK plc. For Santander stocks and shares ISAs the ISA manager is Santander ISA Managers Limited. This means that transfers between Santander cash ISAs and Santander stocks and shares ISAs should be treated as transfers between ISA providers, not transfers of existing cash ISAs with Santander.
If you have more than one Santander cash ISA, you can combine any balances into a single cash ISA using the Santander Cash ISA transfer form below.
Any money withdrawn from your cash ISA rather than transferred will be considered a withdrawal and will lose its tax free status. If you replace the money back into an ISA it will count towards your current tax year ISA limit.