What you can get
- Automatic roll-over at the end of your savings period so you can continue to save at the rate available at the time
- You’re a UK resident aged 16 or over
- If you don’t fund the account from your Santander current account or if you deposit more than £200 in any month, Santander reserve the right to change your account into an Everyday Saver
- You don't already have a Regular eSaver
- Fund the account with a standing order from a Santander current account
- Exclusively available to current account customers who are part of 1|2|3 World, Santander Select or Private Banking
Regular eSaver (Issue 12) for 1|2|3 World and/or Santander Select or Private Banking customers
|Tier||AER/Gross (fixed) for the first 12 months from account opening|
|From £1 to £200 per month||0.50%|
Interest is calculated daily and added to this account annually. We'll calculate and pay the interest for you on the date of maturity and it will be available to you from the following day.
No, the interest rate is fixed during the term.
|Account name||Interest earned||Balance after 12 months|
|Regular eSaver (Issue 12) for 1|2|3 World or Santander Select customers||£6.50||£2,406.50|
Estimate assumes that the account is opened on 1st March, funded with £200 on 2nd March and a further £200 on the 2nd of every month thereafter.
These illustrations are only examples and don’t take into account individual circumstances.
At the end of term
If you have paid into your Regular eSaver by standing order from your Santander current account (including one in joint names) that is in place at maturity:
- we’ll automatically renew your Regular eSaver for another 12 months at the interest rate and on the Terms and Conditions applicable at that time; and
- transfer the final balance at the end of the term (including interest earned) to your Santander current account from which the standing order was paid, including if your current account is in joint names.
Alternatively, if you don't have a standing order in place when your Regular eSaver matures, we'll transfer your final balance including interest earned to an Everyday Saver account, currently paying 0.01% AER/Gross (variable) for balances of £1+.
We'll contact you around 14 days before maturity to let you know your account is maturing and what we will do on maturity unless you instruct us otherwise before maturity.
To open the account you must be:
- a 1|2|3 World, Santander Select or Private Banking customer
- a UK resident aged 16 or over
- signed up for Online or Mobile Banking
You can only have one Regular eSaver per customer, the account can’t be held jointly and isn’t available to 1|2|3 Mini Account in Trust customers.
- Log on to Online Banking and apply.
- Visit any Santander branch.
There is no minimum monthly deposit. You can save up to a maximum of £200 each month for 12 months by standing order from your Santander current account. The maximum balance you can have in this account at the end of 12 months is £2,400.
You can make any number of payments via standing order and you don’t have to make a deposit every month. The amount can vary each month, provided the monthly limit isn’t exceeded.
Your month is calculated by the date that you open your Regular eSaver, e.g. you open the Regular eSaver on the 16th of a month, your month will run from 16th of one month to the 15th of the next month.
Standing orders are only processed Monday to Friday. If your standing order falls on a weekend or bank holiday your payment will be made on the next working day, if this is the last day of the month your payment won’t reach us until the following month.
If you don’t fund the account from your Santander current account or if you deposit more than £200 in any month, Santander reserve the right to change your account into an Everyday Saver.
Manage the account
- Online and Mobile Banking.
Statements are issued annually in April in Online Banking only. We provide you with information about transactions on your account by posting them to Online Banking for you to view at any time.
Yes, withdrawals can be made at any time by transfer to your Santander current account in Online and Mobile Banking.
If you make a withdrawal and then pay it back in, it will count towards your £200 monthly limit.
You can cancel the account within 14 days of opening and your money will be returned in full with interest.
Subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. Rates and information correct as at 3 August 2020.
We recommend reading the information in the documents below before you apply. You may like to save or print them so you can refer to them in the future.
This account also comes with
Online and Mobile Banking with text and email alerts