Interest is calculated daily and added to this account annually in March
Yes, the rate can go up or down e.g. in response to industry and market conditions. If the rate goes down, we’ll let you know around 14 days before the rate changes.
|Balance||Interest earned||Balance after 12 months|
Estimates assume that the account is opened and deposit made on 1st March and no change to interest rates.
These illustrations are only examples and don’t take into account individual circumstances.
To open the account you must be:
- a UK resident, account can only be held in single name; and
- aged 16 or over.
- Online and Mobile.
- Visit any Santander branch.
You can transfer ISAs in and out at any time.
A subscription is any deposit (or payment) made by you into an ISA.
There is no minimum deposit required, maximum balance at any time is £2 million. You can open the account with a zero balance if you're transferring in existing ISAs.
The ISA allowance for the 2021/22 tax year is £20,000.
Deposits can be made at any time via standing order, one-off payments or online transfers.
This Easy ISA is a cash ISA. Please be aware that if your deposits in any given tax year are less than the full ISA allowance for that tax year, you won’t be able to pay into another cash ISA in the same tax year to use the remaining allowance.
You can subscribe your ISA allowance into a cash ISA, a stocks and shares ISA, an innovative finance ISA and a lifetime ISA or a combination of the four. Santander do not offer innovative finance ISAs or lifetime ISAs.
For example, if you subscribe to this Easy ISA you won’t also be able to subscribe to one of our other cash ISAs (including fixed rate ISAs and variable rate ISAs) this tax year.
A tax year runs from 6th April in one year to 5th April the next.
This product doesn’t accept additional permitted subscriptions
Manage the account
- Online and Mobile Banking branch, telephone, Post Office and cash machines.
- A cash card can be requested or the account can be linked to an existing Santander card.
- Please note: if you have multiple accounts linked to one card, only the primary account will be available at the Post Office.
- Statements are issued annually in March. We provide you with information about transactions on your account by posting them to Online Banking for you to view at any time. You can also request this information in branch or by calling us on 0800 9 123 123.
Yes, withdrawals can be made in Online and Mobile Banking, in branch, over the telephone, at the Post Office and at any Santander cash machine.
Any money that you withdraw yourself from your Santander ISA will lose its tax-free status and if repaid back into an ISA, will count towards your current tax year’s ISA limit.
We aren’t offering additional flexibility on ISAs but some providers are offering this feature. Those providers may allow you to replace funds that you have withdrawn with them without affecting the ISA limit.
You can cancel the account within 14 days of opening and your money will be returned in full with interest.
The tax treatment of ISAs depends on your circumstances and may change in the future.
The Easy eISA is subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. Rates and information correct as at 6 April 2021.
You can transfer ISAs you have with other providers at any time.
Before you transfer your ISA to us you’ll need to consider these points:
- We don't charge a transfer fee but other providers may.
- You can transfer some or all the money that you’ve paid into an ISA in previous tax years. If you want to transfer money that you’ve paid into an ISA in the current tax year, you’ll need to transfer all of it.
- If you transfer an ISA in full to us and have built up previous tax year flexible allowances with your current provider, you’ll lose that allowance when you move to Santander.
- If you want to use the flexible allowance you should re-deposit into your existing ISA before you transfer to us.
- Transferring money out of a Help to Buy: ISA will impact the bonus you may receive.
You can transfer all or part of your maturing CTF, your matured CTF or Protected ISA to one of our cash ISAs. If your CTF is maturing, the transfer will only occur at the point of maturity, on your 18th birthday. If you only want to transfer part of the money held in your account, you must give instructions to your existing provider on what you want to do with the remainder before the transfer can be completed.
The ISA manager for Santander cash ISAs is Santander UK plc. For Santander stocks and shares ISAs the ISA manager is Santander ISA Managers Limited. This means that transfers between Santander cash ISAs and Santander stocks and shares ISAs should be treated as transfers between ISA providers, not transfers of existing cash ISAs with Santander.
If you're using the cash ISA transfer form below to transfer an ISA with a roll number, make sure you quote the roll number as well as the account number and sort code.
Cash ISA transfer form
Stocks and Shares ISA transfer form (pdf)
Innovative Finance ISA transfer form (pdf)
Lifetime ISA transfer form (pdf) (1.21 MB)
Matured Child Trust Fund and Protected ISA transfer form (pdf) (2.23 MB)
If you have more than one Santander cash ISA, you can combine any balances into a single cash ISA using the Santander Cash ISA transfer form below.
Any money withdrawn from your cash ISA rather than transferred will be considered a withdrawal and will lose its tax free status. If you replace the money back into an ISA it will count towards your current tax year ISA limit.
This account also comes with
Online and Mobile Banking with text and email alerts