We strongly recommend you download the FREE Rapport security software, to help guard yourself against internet banking identify theft and fraud. It’s designed with Santander in mind, and protects the connection between your computer and online banking.
How Rapport works
Rapport strengthens your online security by ‘locking down’ the connection between your computer, keyboard and Santander Online Banking. It helps stop your data going to counterfeit sites, so you can be safe in the knowledge that only you are transacting on your account. Rapport doesn’t replace the benefits of anti-virus and firewall software or your unique image and phrase when accessing our online banking – it works alongside them to provide increased protection when transacting online (anti-virus software helps to stop threats by scanning your PC and looking for suspicious files and firewalls hide your computer from attackers, and help stop criminals getting data in and out of your computer).
Why choose Rapport
- Safeguard your identity – identity theft is one of the fastest-growing threats in the UK.
- Peace of mind – Rapport tells you that you really are connected to your bank, and not a fraudulent website.
- Protect your passwords – helps stop fraudsters accessing on your online banking details.
- Well proven – Rapport was developed by the online security experts at Trusteer.
- Easy to use and install – it’s a simple and free download to each computer you use to bank online. Technical support is also available.
- Specially configured for Santander – and ready to help protect your online banking with us.
- Flexible – once downloaded you can set up the software to protect any website that uses private or personal data.
- Ahead of the game – Rapport doesn’t rely on constant updates to stop fraudsters.
- Fast – Rapport is a small piece of software. It’s designed to let your computer work just as quickly as before.
- Compatible – works alongside your existing valuable anti-virus and firewall protection.
To download Rapport simply click on the link at the bottom of the page and follow the on screen instructions. The software is specially configured and is ready to use with Santander Online Banking.
When you download Rapport, you will never be asked to provide any of your personal details.
Look out for the Rapport icon which appears next to your browser’s address bar.
If the icon is green - you’re protected and your information is safe:
If the icon is grey then Rapport is not safe-guarding your information:
If you need help downloading Rapport, or any assistance once it is installed, please request a call-back or have an online chat with a Trusteer security representative.
Which browsers and Operating Systems are supported by Rapport?
Details of the browsers and operating systems supported by Rapport can be found on their website: