Pay with Android PayTM
You can use Android Pay by linking your Santander debit or credit card to your AndroidTM device. This will allow you to make secure payments with a wide range of Android devices at any contactless terminal and in-app with certain merchants.
What do I need to start using Android Pay?
- Android Pay works with most NFC capable AndroidTM devices running Android 4.4 (KitKat®) or higher.
- Download the Android Pay app from the Google Play Store.
- Santander debit or credit card excluding ATM only cash cards, Visa Top-up Debit Card and Business VISA Electron Cards.
- Download – Download the Android Pay app from the Google Play Store.
- Add a card – Tap the + sign within Android Pay – you may be prompted to set up a device lock if you don’t already have one. You can then use your device’s camera to scan in your Santander card details.
- Verify – we’ll send you a code to enter into your device and Android Pay is ready to use.
Making a payment
- Pay in shops – Using Android Pay at any contactless terminals is quick and secure. Just wake the device and hold it next to the contactless terminal. You may need to unlock the device for some transactions. Payments can be made up to any value although some retailers may still limit this to £30.
- Pay in-app – Using Android Pay at in-app merchants is also quick and secure. You can pay where you see the "Buy with Android Pay" button.
- Pay on TfL – Android Pay can be used for Transport for London transactions and is similar to using a contactless card by touching in and out of services. For more information on using Android Pay on Transport for London services, please visit Transport for London
Your accounts are safe if you lose your device - If you lose your device there’s no need to cancel your debit or credit card/s as the details aren’t stored in the Android device. However you must either cancel your digital cards using Android Device Manager or call us on 0800 068 6698.
For lost and stolen cards, please call us on 0800 9 123 123. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you lose your cards, you can continue to use Android Pay while we arrange to replace your cards.
Spendlytics – the easy way to track and analyse your spending
To help you keep tabs on your spending we’ve developed Spendlytics, a free new mobile app for personal banking customers. To learn more, take a look at more information about Spendlytics or our Spendlytics video
See our full Terms and Conditions
Android, Android Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.