What are CHAPS payments?
Clearing House Automated Payment System (CHAPS) is a same-day electronic payment system for processing payments in GBP (Pounds Sterling). Unlike ‘Faster Payments’ they have no upper limit and are typically used for urgent or high-value payments (such as buying or paying a deposit on a property).
The key benefits of CHAPS
- Money is transferred on the same day (when we receive the request before the cut-off times explained below)
- No upper limit to the amount you can transfer
Payments of up to £100,000 can be made in a 24 hour period using Faster Payments, which are free. Faster Payments usually arrive at the destination as soon as they leave your account, but in some cases they can take up until the end of the next working day. Please visit our payments and transfers support page to find out more.
There is a £25 charge to make a CHAPS payment.
For international payments, please visit our dedicated page to learn more about making international payments
What you’ll need to send a CHAPS payment
- Full Account Name of the person you want to pay, as it appears on their account
- Sort code of the person you want to pay
- Account number of the person you want to pay
- Reference or any other payment details
- Amount to be sent
- Your card and PIN (if you visit a branch) along with a form of ID (2.16 MB)
|Payment type||Cut-off times for same day payments|
The above cut-off times are for same day payments. Any requests after these times will be made the next working day.
You can make CHAPS payments using Telephone Banking between 8am-6pm, Monday to Sunday. Visit our contact us page to get in touch.
You can also make a CHAPS payment by visiting us in branch. Please use our branch locator tool to find your local branch and check the opening hours.
To receive a CHAPS payment in to your account, you’ll need to provide the sender of the payment your sort code, account number and full name as it appears on the account.
There is no charge to receive a CHAPS payment.
If you're having trouble finding your sort code or account number, please contact us