Our tips for protecting yourself from fraud and scams
With fraud costing people in the UK around £10.9 billion every year, here are our top 5 tips to spotting scams and staying safe.
- Never share a Santander One Time Passcode (OTP) with another person, not even a Santander employee.
- Never download software or let anyone remotely log on to your computer or devices, either during or after a cold call.
- Never enter your Online Banking details after clicking a link in an email or text message.
- Never transfer or withdraw money out of your account if you’re instructed to do so for security reasons.
- Never set up new or change existing payment details without first verifying the request directly with the person or company you’re paying, preferably using existing contact details.
These are just our top tips. You'll find more detail on keeping yourself secure, including fraud, scams and protecting yourself online in our other fraud and security pages.