If you want to cancel your credit card because it no longer meets your needs, we may have other options that are more suitable for you. Visit our credit cards page to see our range of cards.
Changing your mind
If you no longer want your new credit card, you have 14 days from the day after you receive your card to tell us you want to withdraw from the agreement and cancel your credit card. You need to tell us before the end of the 14 days by writing to Santander UK plc, PO Box 983, Bradford, BD1 9FE or contact us
If you have a balance on your card, we'll let you know how much to pay and how to make your payment. You then have up to 30 days from the day after you notify us to repay any amount you borrowed, along with any interest charged to your account.
Closing your credit card account
Before you can close your account, you’ll first need to clear the balance on your credit card. For more information on how to do this, please visit our credit card repayments page.
Once you’ve cleared your balance, you can request to close your account by sending us a message using chat in Mobile or Online Banking. We’ll then work behind the scenes to close your account on your behalf.
To ask Sandi to close your account, please follow the steps below.
- Log on to your account.
- For Mobile Banking, tap ‘More’ in the bottom-right of the screen, then ‘Help and contact us’.
- For Online Banking, click ‘Help & contact us’.
- Choose ‘Chat with us’ and ask Sandi to close your credit card account.
- Confirm that you want to close an account, then choose the reason why.
- Confirm that you’re happy to close your account, then confirm your residential details.
- Click ‘My account is not listed’ as credit cards won’t be shown here.
- Leave a message with details of the credit card you’re wanting to close. This will activate a credit card closure.
If you’re struggling or falling behind on your payments, we can help. Please visit our Contact us page for helpful information and support.
Need to report a lost or stolen card?
The easiest way for you to report your card as lost or stolen is through our mobile banking app. Simply log on to the app, click ‘More’, then ‘Cards’ and choose the card you want to report. Finally, click ‘Report card lost or stolen’.
Alternatively, if you think you’ve misplaced your card, you can freeze and unfreeze it in the mobile app instead of cancelling it right away.
Chat with us
You can also report your card as lost or stolen by logging on to your account and speaking to our digital assistant Sandi, available 24/7.
- In Mobile Banking, choose ‘More’, ‘Help and contact us’, then ‘Chat with us’.
- In Online Banking, click ‘Chat with us’ on the right-hand side of the screen.
Please see our lost or stolen cards page for more information.
If you'd like more support, please visit our contact us page.