No monthly account fee
A Visa debit card
Withdraw up to £300 a day from any Santander or Link cash machine
A four month fee-free Arranged Overdraft when you switch to us
Calculate how much cashback and interest you could earn by transferring to our 1|2|3 Current Account
Earn up to 15% cashback with Retailer Offers when you use your Santander debit or credit card at a range of major retailers. You’ll need to switch on Retailer Offers in Online or Mobile Banking. Find out more about Retailer Offers
If your card is contactless enabled you can make quick and easy purchases of up to £30 whenever you see the contactless symbol
Link your card to your iPhone 6 (or later) or Apple Watch and use Apple Pay at contactless terminals1
What you need to do
- There is a £5 monthly account fee, that will be automatically taken from your account each month3
To earn cashback and interest you need to:
- Fund the account with at least £500 a month4
- Have at least 2 active Direct Debits. For cashback, household bills must be paid by Direct Debit to organisations within eligible categories.
If you’re moving from an account that’s no longer available or has added benefits (e.g. travel insurance) or that currently has an introductory offer, you won’t be able to transfer back to that account, which will mean you’ll lose its benefits.
If you transfer to a 1|2|3 Current Account your statement date will be changed to align with the transfer date. You will keep your account number, cards and PINs.
If you have an Instant Plus or Basic Current Account you can’t transfer.
You’ll also get
- A Visa debit card: For quick and secure purchases at home. If you use your VISA debit card for transactions abroad, you may be charged a foreign exchange fee.
- A four month fee-free Arranged Overdraft when you switch to us.
Use our Switch Service to move your current account to us and receive a Defaqto 5 star rated service.
Managing your account
- Manage your account whenever, wherever with Online and Mobile Banking
- If your card is contactless enabled you can make quick and easy purchases of up to £30 whenever you see the contactless symbol
- Link your card to your iPhone 6 (or later) or Apple Watch and use Apple Pay at contactless terminals5
- Opening a 1|2|3 Current Account means you'll be part of 1|2|3 World, with access to a range of benefits, preferential rates and special deals.
0% EAR (variable) Arranged Overdraft. Arranged Overdraft Usage Fee of £1 per day. Assumed Arranged Overdraft credit limit: £1,200. Actual amount may differ.
The Unarranged Overdraft Usage Fee is £6 per day6.
- Cashback: cashback is paid automatically into your account monthly (but may vary depending on how you pay your bill or insurance premium) just before your statement is sent, and we'll show you how much cashback you've earned in each category. The maximum mortgage payment amounts that qualify for cashback are limited to £1,000 per month (for either single or multiple monthly Direct Debits). Mortgage cashback applies to Santander UK plc mortgages. The 1% cashback on water and council tax bills applies to rates in Northern Ireland. Santander has categorised all companies within eligible cashback categories as accurately as possible.
- Interest: AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be if we paid interest and added it to your account each year. The gross rate is the interest rate we pay where no income tax has been deducted. Rates may change, we calculate interest daily and we pay interest each month. For details of our fees and interest rates, visit www.santander.co.uk or ask for the latest Key Facts document at any branch.
- The monthly account fee will be due even if you don’t qualify for cashback/ interest benefits in a specific month.
- Funding your account: To benefit from cashback and interest you must fund the account with £500 each month. This isn’t a calendar month, it’s the month from the date you opened your account. You must also set up two active Direct Debits. Any interest and payments between Santander personal accounts you’re named on won't count towards the monthly funding amount. If you don’t meet the minimum monthly funding requirement you won’t receive any cashback or interest for that statement month, however your monthly account fee will still be charged/due.
- Retailer limits may apply. Apple Pay excludes cahoot cards, Basic Current Account, Business VISA Electron, Business Credit Card and Santander corporate cards. All devices must be running on iOS 8.3 or later. Apple and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc.
- EAR: EAR stands for Effective Annual Rate and represents the yearly cost of an overdraft, which takes account of how often we charge interest to the account and does not include any other fees or charges. Overdrafts depend on your circumstances and you must repay any overdraft when we ask in line with our General Terms and Conditions.