What you can get
- Free day-to-day banking on electronic transactions such as Bacs credits, standing orders and faster payments
- Deposit up to 100 cheques free each month (then £1.00 per cheque deposited)
- Online, Mobile and Telephone Banking
- Free text and email alerts to help you keep control of your accounts
- Issue up to 100 cheques free each month (then £1.00 per cheque)
- You’re a regulated business that needs to keep your clients’ money separate from your own
- Your business is registered in the UK
- All directors, owners (shareholders) or partners are aged 18 or over and UK resident
- You have a Santander business current account
Our Client Current Account is designed for regulated businesses that need to keep their clients' money separate from their own. We offer two types of Client Current Account: designated and general (or pooled), to existing Santander business current account customers.
- A designated account is for businesses that need to hold money on behalf of a single client, such as auditors, tax advisers, or property managers for holding rental income.
- A general (pooled) account is for regulated businesses, such as solicitors, who're involved in financial and property transactions, as well as landlords and property managers for holding tenants' service charges and security deposits.
- 24/7 secure access – manage your client accounts alongside your business current account with secure Online and Mobile Business Banking (this account doesn’t come with a card).
- Telephone Banking.
- Free text and email alerts to help you keep control of your accounts.
- Direct Debits, standing orders and bill payments
- Bacs credits
- 100 cheques deposited for free each month (then £1.00 per cheque deposited)
- 100 cheques issued for free each month (then £1.00 per cheque issued)
There is a charge for non-standard transactions such as CHAPS and foreign currency transactions and for exceeding the monthly cheque deposit or issue limits: please see the Key Facts Document in the ‘Key documents and other account information’ section for full details.
Fees for any standard or non-standard transactions will be taken from this account only. A full list of non-standard transactions is available in the Key Facts Document.
There is no Arranged Overdraft facility available on this account. You will go into an Unarranged Overdraft if your account balance drops below zero. The Unarranged Overdraft interest rate is 29.5% EAR (variable). The unpaid item fee is £32 and the paid item fee is £30.
Other borrowing options are available. See our business borrowing and finance options to find out more.
This account doesn’t pay interest.
We recommend reading the information in the documents below before you apply. You may want to save or print them so you can refer to them in the future.
24/7 banking on all your devices. You can set up paper free statements and set up personalised account alerts.
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking app
- Free text and email alerts
- Telephone Banking
Participating providers of UK business bank accounts have agreed to a basic set of information that they will need from you to set up your UK business current account. Find out what you’ll need to provide using the simple Business Account Checklist from UK Finance, the UK’s leading trade association for financial services. This is only a standard checklist, so you may have to provide additional information while completing our application form.
Keep your banking details private and secure.
For more information about our approach to security as well as more useful information to help you stop the threat of fraud visit our Security Centre.