Whether it's 1pm or 1am, you can manage your business banking when it's convenient for you, with secure Online Business Banking.
You can manage your business current accounts, and any personal accounts you hold, from the same screen. The more accounts you have with us the more you can do - depending on your accounts and products you can:
- See your business and your own personal accounts in one place
- Search for payments you’ve made
- See what you’ve done in your online session
- Make payments to people and companies
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Use multiple payments for salary runs
- Set up free email or text alerts
- Organise your Direct Debits
- Request and activate new cards
- Order new chequebooks, paying in books, cards, PINs and statements
- Ask us about any of your accounts using Secure Messaging
- Allow employees to see your business transactions within Online Business Banking using their own log on details. You can add employees to the account once it’s open.
- Block access to your accounts online or switch to view only access
- Update your security settings (Password, Security Number, image, phrase and PINs)
- Find details of how to report lost or stolen cards
To keep you secure, we use industry-standard security and encryption, plus lots more.
You choose a unique image and phrase
You see this every time you log on to reassure you that you're on our genuine site.
One Time Passcode for extra security
When you do certain transactions – such as new payments or changes to your personal details – we text you a code (known as a One Time Passcode or OTP) for you to enter online. This lets us know it's you with no need for a separate card reader.
Log on details
You should never share your details with anyone else and for your security you can ask for separate log on details for your employees, so that they can see your business transactions.
If somebody with access to your business account leaves your business, please let us know immediately so you can remove their access by completing a change of mandate details form and returning it to us at the address on the form.
As long as you take the proper precautions, for example not sharing your log in details with anyone, you're covered by our Online and Mobile Banking Commitment
Security software, Santander Secure and much more
To learn more about what we do and what you can do to give your Online Banking maximum protection, take a look at our Online and Mobile Banking security factsheet or find out more about our free security software
How do I get in?
If you already have personal banking log on details but want to use Online Business Banking you do need to get in touch with us to request separate business log in details. When you log on to Online Business Banking you’ll then be able to see both business and personal accounts on the same screen.
Call us on 0800 731 6666.
Remember, when you've received your log on details, they're for your own personal use. If you'd like your employees to be able to see your business transactions within Online Business Banking you must request separate log on details using a change of mandate details form
Resetting your log on details
If you already have Online Business Banking log on details but need to reset your Password/ Passcode or Security Number /Registration Number, call us on 0800 731 6666.
If you have a question you can call our dedicated Online Business Banking helpdesk on 0800 169 6677 (+44 1908 238 013 if you're outside the UK).