Important changes to how you log on to Mobile Banking
We’re making some changes to how you log on to Mobile Banking as a result of new regulation coming into effect in 2019. There are actions you’ll need to take to get ready, so it’s important you read the ‘What’s changing’ section below carefully.
New mobile app
We’re updating our mobile business banking app. As part of the update, we’ll need you to do a few things:
- Make sure your One Time Passcode (OTP) and UK mobile phone number are up-to-date.
- Log on to the app with your security details.
- Register your device following the on-screen instructions.
- Once you've registered your device you’ll be able to use our new app.
It’s important to know that each device can only be registered to one customer. This means that if you and another person use the same phone or tablet, only one of you will be able to use the app registered on it. The other person will need to use a different device for Mobile Banking.
We’re continually improving Mobile and Online Banking and these changes, called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), affect how we check it’s you when you use Mobile or Online Banking.
We may refer you to the mobile business banking app when you try to log on to Online Banking or to verify some transactions. Your Mobile Banking device is registered to you, so this helps us to check it’s you.
On the app you can do the following, and much more:
- See your business and your own personal accounts in one place
- See your account details
- Search for transactions
- View and set up free account alerts
- Set up helpful email or text alerts
- Find details of how to report a lost or stolen card
- Pay a person or company you've paid before
- Transfer money between your accounts
You’ll need to have logged on to Online Banking at least once to activate your mobile business banking app.
It's quick and easy to start using Mobile Business Banking
If you already use Online Business Banking you can log on to Mobile Business Banking with your usual details.
Use the Mobile Business Banking app
If you have an iPhone, iPad or Android™ phone, you'll get the best Mobile Business Banking experience with our Mobile Business Banking app designed with your device in mind.
You’ll need to make sure you have the latest operating system running on your device. Either go to your app store and search for Santander Mobile Business Banking or we can send you a link directly to the app
If you're not registered for Online Business Banking yet call us on 0800 731 6666.
If you are experiencing any issues with our mobile banking, call us on 0800 169 6677 (+44 1908 237 968 if you're outside the UK).
We make sure you’re protected when you use Mobile Business Banking
- You need your log on details every time you use Mobile Business Banking
- If you're logged on but don't use Mobile Business Banking for 5 minutes, we log you out automatically
- Anything sent to or from your phone using the app is encrypted so third parties can't read or understand it. If you lose signal in the middle of a transaction, there's no need to worry. Our system is set up to make sure that your accounts remain secure in these circumstances. If you didn't receive a confirmation that your transaction was successful then log back on when your signal returns and check. If it doesn't show on your recent transactions, simply make the transaction again.
Plus, as long as you take the proper precautions, for example by keeping your details safe and private, you can relax as you're completely covered by our Online and Mobile Banking Commitment
Use Send Me the Link to send yourself our mobile apps, videos, guides, & factsheets
Send me the link allows you to send yourself links for our mobile apps, videos, guides, & factsheets which can help you with your Online & Mobile Banking needs. Go to Send Me the Link