There’s no arranged overdraft available on the Treasurer’s Current Account. If your account balance falls below zero, you’ll go into an unarranged overdraft.
Unarranged overdraft interest, unpaid and paid item fees aren’t charged on this account.
All your day-to-day banking is free within the Treasurer's Current Account.
- cash deposits
- depositing and sending cheques
- depositing cash over the Post Office® counter
- Direct Debits, standing orders and bill payments
- Bacs credits
- debit card payments
There is a charge for non-standard transactions such as change-giving, CHAPS payments, and foreign currency transactions; a full list of non-standard transactions is available in the General Terms & Conditions. Charges apply to non-standard transactions such as change-giving, CHAPS payments and foreign currency transactions. Please see the General Terms and Conditions for full details.
Everything you need to know before you apply
We recommend reading the information in the documents below before you apply. You may like to save or print them so you can refer to them in the future.
- Treasurer’s Current Account Key Facts Document (pdf) (819 KB)
- General Terms & Conditions (pdf) including Terms of Business (266 KB)
To view these documents, you may need to download Adobe Reader
Have you got the right ID?
If you are opening a Santander Treasurer's Current Account, we need to check your personal identity and we may need to check the existence of your organisation. Check you've got the ID you'll need to open the Treasurer's Current Account (60 KB)
- No interest is paid on Treasurer's Current Account credit balances.
- You can have an account with up to 3 signatories. Any one signatory can approve any financial transaction (although changes to account details will require the signature of two members of the Board/Committee). There is no option available for more than one signatory to be required to authorise financial transactions.
- You can nominate others to manage the account so you can focus on running your business.
Ways to bank with us
24/7 banking on all your devices. You can set up paper free statements and set up personalised account alerts.
- Online Banking
- Mobile banking app
- Face-to-face banking at Post Office branches
- Telephone Banking
- Use our ATMs to withdraw cash, make cash and cheque deposits, check your balance and manage your PIN (all transactions subject to account limits)
You’ll be automatically set up to receive text alerts when:
- your balance falls below zero
- you have regular payments due on your account for which you have insufficient funds to cover, we will ask you to pay into your account to ensure these payments are made;
- where a payment is refused as you don’t have enough funds.
If we don’t have a valid mobile number for you, we might not be able to reach you.
You can also register for other account alerts to help you to stay on top of your finances. For example, alerts to inform you when your balance has fallen below a set limit, or you have had a deposit into your account greater than a set amount. For more information visit Account alerts. You can manage your alerts settings at any time with Online Banking. Alternatively you can contact us
Online business support and guidance
Keep your banking details private and secure.
For more information about our approach to security as well as more useful information to help you stop the threat of fraud visit our Security Centre