What you can get
- Free day-to-day banking for clubs, societies and charities
- Easy access – secure Online and Mobile Banking 24/7
- Text and email alerts
- Your organisation is a club, society, charity, or other not-for-profit organisation operating in the UK
- Your organisation has an annual turnover of up to £250,000
- All directors, owners (shareholders) or partners are aged 18 or over and UK resident
- You intend to use this account for business purposes only
There is no arranged overdraft facility available on this account. You will go into an unarranged overdraft if your account balance falls below zero.
Unarranged overdraft interest, unpaid and paid item fees aren’t charged on this account.
All your day-to-day banking is free within the Treasurer's Current Account.
There is a charge for non-standard transactions such as change-giving, CHAPS payments, and foreign currency transactions; a full list of non-standard transactions is available in the Key Facts Document. A daily limit applies to cash machine withdrawals and a transaction limit applies to faster payments. Please see the Key Facts Document in the other account information section for full details.
We are members of the Current Account Switch Service. This means your switch will be completed in 7 working days and is backed by the Current Account Switch Guarantee.
Our dedicated switcher team manage the switch of all your Direct Debits, standing orders and bill payments. On your switch date, your old account will close. We'll transfer in any balance from your old business account and make sure any payments to and from your old account are redirected to your new account. We'll also contact the sender to give them your new account details.
The switch can begin on the day your account is opened or any time in the next 60 days. We'll ask you to choose when you apply.
We'll keep you updated of progress by letter, text and email. You can also call us any time to see how your switch is going. Servicing lines are open between 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays. Sales lines are open between 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday.
Simply let us know you want to switch your old bank account when you apply. During your application you'll be asked if you have any other bank accounts. We'll then ask for your old bank account details so we can contact your old bank to get things moving.
We recommend reading the information in the documents below before you apply. You may like to save or print them so you can refer to them in the future.
- are aged 18 or over and live in the UK
- are a club, society, charity, or other not-for-profit organisation operating in the UK
- have an annual turnover of up to £250,000.
If your turnover is more than £250,000, visit Corporate and Commercial Banking
In branch with a Business Relationship Manager. Call us on 0800 085 1805 to book an appointment.
If you are opening a Santander Treasurer's Current Account, we need to check your personal identity and we may need to check the existence of your organisation. Check you've got the ID you'll need to open the Treasurer's Current Account (71 KB)
- No interest is paid on Treasurer's Current Account credit balances.
- You can have an account with up to 3 signatories. Any one signatory can approve any financial transaction (although changes to account details will require the signature of two members of the Board/Committee). There is no option available for more than one signatory to be required to authorise financial transactions.
- You can nominate others to manage the account so you can focus on running your business.
- cash deposits
- depositing and sending cheques
- depositing cash over the Post Office® counter
- Direct Debits, standing orders and bill payments
- Bacs credits
- debit card payments
Secure, 24/7 banking. Make payments, view statements and much more. More on Online Banking
Bank from anywhere using our Santander Business Banking app or by using bb.santander.co.uk. Get the app
You’ll be automatically set up to receive text alerts when:
• your balance falls below zero
• you have regular payments due on your account for which you have insufficient funds to cover, we will ask you to pay into your account to ensure these payments are made;
• where a payment is refused as you don’t have enough funds.
If we don’t have a valid mobile number for you, we might not be able to reach you.
You can also register for other account alerts to help you to stay on top of your finances. For example, alerts to inform you when your balance has fallen below a set limit, or you have had a deposit into your account greater than a set amount. For more information visit Account alerts. You can manage your alerts settings at any time via Online Banking, calling us on 0800 731 6666 or visiting a branch.
Call us on 0800 731 6666. More on Telephone Banking
As a Santander customer you can pay in, withdraw cash, deposit cheques and more at participating Post Office branches nationwide (services and opening hours for individual Post Office branches within the Post Office network may vary). More on face to face banking
You can do more than just withdraw cash at our cash machines. For example, pay in the day’s takings in cash or cheques or see your latest transactions and balance.
A quick and secure method of buying goods and services at home and abroad (other types of cards are available to give to your employees)
Keep your banking details private and secure.
For more information about our approach to security as well as more useful information to help you stop the threat of fraud visit our Security Centre