What you can get
- Text and email alerts
- You're a regulated business that needs to keep your clients' money separate from your own
- You have a Santander business current account
- You intend to use the account for business purposes only
Yes, the rate can go up or down e.g. in response to industry and market conditions. If the rate goes down, we’ll let you know around 2 months before the rate changes.
Estimate assumes that deposit made on 1st of the month and no change to interest rates.
This illustration is only an example and doesn't take into account individual circumstances.
You can apply for a Client Saver Account if:
- You're a regulated business that needs to keep your clients' money separate from your own;
- All directors, owners (shareholders) or partners are aged 18 or over;
- You have a Santander business current account;
- All directors, owners (shareholders) or partners are UK residents.
Santander UK plc reserves the right to refuse an application for a Client Saver Account.
You can apply:
- In branch. Contact your local branch to see if a Business Relationship Manager is available to support you.
You may apply for a "Designated Client Saver Account" or a "General Client Saver Account", but you must specify which at account opening;
- a Designated Client Saver Account is used to hold client money in a single account for a single client such as auditors, tax advisers, or property managers for holding rental income. (If the Account is Designated you will name your client in your application form);
- a General (Pooled) Client Saver Account is designed for regulated businesses such as solicitors who are involved in financial and property transactions, as well as landlords and property managers for holding tenants’ service charges and security deposits. A General (Pooled) Client Saver Account is used to hold client money in a single account for a number of clients.
- Minimum opening and account balance of £1. There is no maximum balance.
Managing the account
- Via online/ mobile, post and telephone banking
- You don't have to wait for your statement to arrive or to log on to find out something has happened on your account any more. By setting up the alerts you want in Online Banking we can send you a text or email when it happens - such as when your balance goes above or below a certain amount. More on alerts.
- Yes, withdrawals can be made by electronic transfer or telephone
- You can cancel the account within 14 days of opening and your money will be returned in full with any interest.
Closing the account
- You or we may close your account at any time by giving the other party notice. If we decide to close your account, we will, wherever possible, give you at least two months’ notice as described in our Business Banking Terms and Conditions and Important Information, unless there are exceptional circumstances, such as fraud. You can close your account by calling the Business Banking Centre on 0800 731 6666. Servicing lines are open between 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays.
- Interest payments will be calculated using the gross rate. This means all the interest we pay you will be without tax deducted.
Full Account details can be found in the Key Facts Document on the Key documents section.
To open these documents you will need to have Adobe Reader. Download Adobe Reader for free.
We recommend reading the information in the documents below before you apply. You may want to save or print them so you can refer to them in the future.
- Business Client Saver Key Facts Document (pdf)
- General Terms & Conditions (pdf) including Terms of Business
To view these documents, you may need to download Adobe Reader
Keep your banking details private and secure.
For more information about our approach to security as well as more useful information to help you stop the threat of fraud visit our Security Centre
Is there a credit check when I open a client account?
No - as you are an existing Santander Business Current Account customer, we have already conducted the necessary checks on you and your business. We may, however, need to verify the source of your clients’ funds once you deposit into your Client Current Account.
Can I have a card on my client account
No - there are no cards available on either the Client Current Account or the Client Saver. You can, however, operate your client accounts using Online, Mobile and Telephone Banking.
How do I change my client’s details on my client account?
If your client’s funds are held in an undesignated account along with other clients’ funds, you don’t need to change any details.
If your client’s funds are held in a designated account and it is no longer required, you should close the existing account. If a designated account is required for another client’s funds, you should open a new designated account. You should contact your local branch if you need to apply for a new account.
The Client Saver is subject to availability and may be withdrawn from sale at any time without notice. Rates and information correct as at 1 January 2019.