What you can get
- Text and email alerts
- You have a club, society, charity, or other not-for-profit organisation operating in the UK
- Your organisation has an annual turnover of up to £250,000
- All directors, owners (shareholders) or partners are aged 18 or over and UK resident
- You intend to use the account for business purposes only
Treasurer's Savings Account
Yes, the rate can go up or down e.g. in response to industry and market conditions. If the rate goes down, we’ll let you know at least two months before the rate changes. This is detailed in Condition 17 in our General Terms & Conditions.
Estimate assumes that deposit made on 1st of the month and no change to interest rates.
This illustration is only an example and doesn't take into account individual circumstances.
You can apply for a Treasurer's Savings Account if:
- You are a UK resident aged 18 or over and your organisation is not-for-profit such as a club, society, or charity.
- Your organisation has an annual turnover of up to £250,000.
If your annual turnover is greater than £250,000 please visit santandercb.co.uk to see the products and services available to our corporate and commercial customers.
You can apply:
- In branch with a Business Relationship Manager. Call us on 0800 085 1805 to book an appointment.
- Or if you’re an existing Santander Business customer by calling 0800 731 6666. More on Telephone Banking
- Minimum opening and account balance of £1. There is no maximum balance.
- Deposits can be cash, cheque, electronic payment and faster payments via CHAPS & SWIFT. You can also transfer to/ from another Santander account
Managing the account
- Via online/ mobile, cash machine, post or telephone by calling our Business Banking Centre on 0800 731 6666
- You don't have to wait for your statement to arrive or to log on to find out something has happened on your account any more. By setting up the alerts you want in Online Banking we can send you a text or email when it happens - such as when your balance goes above or below a certain amount. More on alerts
- Yes, withdrawals can be made by post, telephone, online/ mobile banking and from any LINK cash machine. There is no charge for withdrawals from UK LINK machines.
- Cash withdrawals (at Santander or LINK network machines) are limited to £500 per day.
- You can cancel the account within 14 days of opening and your money will be returned in full with any interest.
Closing the account
- You or we may close your account at any time by giving the other party notice. If we decide to close your account, we will, wherever possible, give you at least two months' notice as described in our Business Banking Terms and Conditions and Important Information, unless there are exceptional circumstances, such as fraud. You can close your account by calling the Business Banking Centre on 0800 731 6666.
- Interest payments will be calculated using the gross rate. This means all the interest we pay you will be without tax deducted.
Full Account details can be found in the Key documents section.
To open these documents you will need to have Adobe Reader. Download Adobe Reader for free
We recommend reading the information in the documents below before you apply. You may like to save or print them so you can refer to them in the future.
- Treasurer's Savings Account Key Facts Document (pdf)
- General Terms & Conditions (pdf) including Terms of Business
To view these documents, you may need to download Adobe Reader
If you are opening a Santander Treasurer's Savings Account, we need to check your personal identity and we may need to check the existence of your organisation. Check you've got the ID you'll need to open the Treasurer's Savings Account