To ensure we can switch your small business loan to Santander quickly please have the following information available before applying as we will request this during your application
- The account number and sort code of the business current account opened through the Business Banking Switch
- The account number and sort code of the small business loan you are switching
- The exact amount outstanding of the small business loan you are switching (rounded up to the nearest pound)
- If you are a sole trader or partnership then please request a settlement figure for your existing loan that is valid for 28 days.
If you are a Business Banking Switch customer with more than one business loan and a combined total value is of less than £25,000 then please consolidate these into one business loan.
- Business start date and 3 years’ trading address history (if applicable)
- A description of what your business does
- Financial information, including current and anticipated turnover / net profit, and total capital/net worth
- Details of any outstanding business lending including mortgage balance and property value (if business premise is owned)
Personal details (for anybody named in the application)
- Full name, date of birth and nationality
- 3 years’ address history and current residential status (owned/rented/other)
- Length of time with current personal bank and number of personal credit cards
If you have a private limited company or a limited liability partnership, you’ll also need your registered name and address, date of incorporation, and company registration number. Please make sure these match Companies House before applying.
When assessing your application we may contact you to request further details of your existing lending, such as your settlement letter.
Everything you need to know before you apply
Important contractual information is included within documents which can be accessed via the links below. We advise that you should read and consider these documents before proceeding with your application. You should print or save copies of these documents for further reference and records. If there are any questions you have regarding these or you require further information call 0800 085 1791.
- Business Loans Key Facts Document (pdf) including Pre-Contractual Explanation and Statement of Lender and Borrower Responsibilities
- General Terms & Conditions (pdf) including Terms of Business
- Business Banking Switch Terms & Conditions are included in the Business Banking Switch Business Current Account Key Facts Document (pdf)
As part of this application you will also have the ability to apply for an Overdraft. If you wish to apply for this product at the same time as your Business Loan, we would advise that you should take some time to review and read following documents:
Key Facts Document with Overdraft information subject to the Santander business current account you hold:
- Business Banking Switch Business Current Account Key Facts Document (pdf) including Business Banking Switch Terms & Conditions, Statement of Lender and Borrower Responsibilities, FSCS Information Sheet and Exclusions List
Terms & Conditions with Overdraft information subject to when you opened your Santander Business Current Account:
To view all these documents, you may need to download Adobe Reader.
If you’re providing information about other individuals as part of this application you must have their authority to act on their behalf. During the application you’ll be asked if you want to hear about products, services and offers that may be of interest. Please note the preferences you select will apply to all individuals and will override any previous preferences given. If you, or any joint account holder, would like to amend those preferences please contact us at any time.
All lending is subject to status, availability and our lending criteria. The right to decline any application is reserved.
If you do not understand any of the details about your chosen product or terms then please 0800 085 1791 before applying.