It’s likely that, at some point in running your business, you’ll need some additional funds to support your day-to-day costs or invest in the long-term. We want you to feel comfortable with the decisions you’ll make and the type of funding you apply for.
Guide to managing business debt
British Business Bank has created a practical guide to improve your financial awareness. It has impartial information for you on the following areas:
- Understanding debt finance: what is it and what’s the right solution for your business.
- Managing debt: what to do if you have concerns, and what professional support could help you.
- Improving your cash flow: how you manage and forecast effectively.
- Moving from survival to recovery and growth: developing your business’ resilience and focusing on next steps.
- Resources for businesses worried about their debt: relevant resources, tools and wellbeing support.
Business credit scores
Learning how to manage your company credit score might not be the first thing that springs to mind when there are bills, staff and suppliers to pay. But understanding what it is, why it’s important and how you can use it to your advantage is a small step that can make a big difference to your entrepreneurial journey. Having a solid understanding of it is also the first step in helping you secure finance.
Alternative sources of finance
There are a number of government-designated platforms designed to help you shop around for the type of funding that’s right for your stage of business growth. While we don’t endorse or recommend any particular source on the list, it may help you to get started on finding other ways to get the finance you need for your small-to-medium sized business.