From 29 May 2018, Santander will be reducing rates on a number of Santander and cahoot Personal Loans. The new rates will apply for both new and existing customers.
- Santander 1|2|3 World Customers1
- rates reduced to 3.0 per cent on loans between £7,500 and £20,000 – down from 3.4 per cent.
- Open Market (non Santander 1|2|3 World Customers)
- rates reduced to 3.0 per cent on loans between £7,500 and £15,000 – down from 3.4 per cent
- rates reduced to 3.5 per cent on loans between £15,001 and £20,000 – down from 3.9 per cent
- rates reduced to 2.8 per cent on loans between £7,500 and £20,000 – down from 3.0 per cent.
Santander personal loans are available and can be serviced in branch, over the phone or online at www.santander.co.uk.
cahoot personal loans are available online at www.cahoot.com and loans can only be serviced by telephone.
Matt Hall, Santander’s Head of Banking and Unsecured Credit said: “As summer approaches and lots of people embark on a home improvement or garden project or maybe look at how best to finance a wedding or special holiday we are pleased to be able to offer these competitive rates to our customers to help them achieve their goals. At Santander we are committed to ensuring that our lending is based on a strict criteria reflecting our customers’ abilities to repay their debt.”
- Ends -
The information contained in our press releases is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions.
Notes to Editors
- A Santander 1|2|3 World customer is someone who holds one of our 1|2|3 current accounts, Select Current Account, 1|2|3 Credit Card (including additional card holders) or the 1|2|3 Mini Account (in Trust). Trustees are not classed as 1|2|3 World customers.
Santander UK is a financial services provider in the UK that offers a wide range of personal and commercial financial products and services. It has brought real competition to the UK, through its innovative products for retail customers and relationship banking model for UK SMEs. At 31 March 2018, the bank has c19,500 employees. It serves around 14 million active customers, via a nationwide branch network, telephone, mobile and online banking; and 64 regional Corporate Business Centres. Santander UK is subject to the full supervision of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) in the UK. Santander UK plc customers are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in the UK.
Banco Santander (SAN SM, STD US, BNC LN) is a leading retail and commercial bank, founded in 1857 and headquartered in Spain. It has a meaningful market share in 10 core countries in Europe and the Americas, and is the largest bank in the euro zone by market capitalization. At the end of 2017, Banco Santander had EUR 986 billion in customer funds (deposits and mutual funds), 133 million customers, 13,700 branches and 200,000 employees. Banco Santander made attributable profit of EUR 6,619 million in 2017, an increase of 7% compared to the previous year.
The press office operates from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Outside of these hours please call 0800 5877708.