Santander announces the launch of the new World Elite MasterCard for Select and Private customers. The credit card is designed to offer a world of travel benefits, making it an ideal companion for our customers wherever they are in the world.
The credit card offers: unlimited access to over 800 Lounge Key airport lounges worldwide; free access to over one million global Wi-Fi hotspots through Boingo; a 40% online discount on Santander travel insurance; global 24-hour support; emergency cash and card services; no foreign exchange fees for card purchases abroad when paying in the local currency; as well as a concierge service to help customers arrange and book anything from events to holidays.
This credit card also offers 0.5% cashback on a maximum spend of up to £3,000 per month (equivalent to £15 per month) and a competitive 0% on purchases and balance transfers for a period of 18 months. Available as a contactless card, it is all included for a £15 monthly fee.
Andy Warren, Head of Select & Private Marketing, commented: “The Santander World Elite MasterCard offers cardholders a unique experience when they travel, with access to some of the most sought after benefits, combined with a personal service. Having listened to our customers and understood what they value most, we are pleased to offer a credit card providing on-hand support and unlocking a world of new experiences when travelling, whether for business or for leisure.
"As we continue to grow and enhance our Select proposition, and as we launch our Santander Private service, this is the next step in helping our customers get a little more out of life."
The information contained in our press releases is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions.
Notes to Editors:
1. Eligibility: To be eligible for a Santander World Elite Credit you need to be over 18, a UK resident and a Santander Select or Private customer.
To be a Santander Select customer you must have a current account with us and either:
- pay your main income of at least £5,000 per month into a Santander current account (excluding transfers from other Santander accounts), or
- maintain £75,000 in any Santander investment(s), savings or current account; or
- have a property worth at least £500,000 with a Santander mortgage.
To be a Santander Private customer you must have:
- £500,000 in savings or investments; and/or
- an annual income of at least £250,000.
2. The World Elite Mastercard is a credit card available to Santander Select and Private Banking customers and is ideal for people who like to travel and like to be rewarded. It’s an invitation to a world of benefits whether you’re home or abroad.
With the World Elite Mastercard for £15 per month offers include:
- Unlimited airport lounge access at over 800 lounges with LoungeKey
- Access to over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide with Boingo
- A 40% online discount on Santander Travel Insurance
- Mastercard Concierge available to you 24 hours a day 7 days a week when using your card (fees and charges may apply)
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases or cash withdrawals made abroad when using the local currency option
- 0.5% cashback on purchases (on maximum spend of £3,000 per month)
- 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months from the date of account opening, with no balance transfer fee to pay
At the end of the 0% period a 3% balance transfer fee will apply to any new balances transferred. Interest will be charged on new purchases and any outstanding balance transfer and purchase balances at the standard purchase rate of 18.9% p.a. (variable).
0% p.a. on card purchases for 18 months followed by 18.9% p.a. (variable) on card purchases. This is equivalent to 49.8% APR representative (variable) based on an assumed credit limit of £1,200. Monthly fee: £15.
Santander UK is a financial services provider in the UK that offers a wide range of personal and commercial financial products and services. It has brought real competition to the UK, through its innovative products for retail customers and relationship banking model for UK SMEs. At 31 December 2016, the bank serves around 14 million active customers with c20,000 employees and operates through 841 branches (which includes 60 university branches) and 67 regional Corporate Business Centres. Santander UK is subject to the full supervision of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) in the UK. Santander UK plc customers are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in the UK.
Banco Santander (SAN SM, STD US, BNC LN) is a leading retail and commercial bank, headquartered in Spain, with a meaningful market share in 10 core countries in Europe and the Americas. It is among the world’s top banks by market capitalization. The bank’s purpose is to help people and businesses prosper, in a way that is simple, personal and fair. Founded in 1857, Santander had EUR 1.52 trillion in managed funds, 125 million customers, 12,200 branches and 188,000 employees at the close of 2016. Santander made attributable profit of EUR 6,204 million in 2016, an increase of 4% compared to the previous year.
T: 0207 756 4543 M: 077 0100 4107 E: email@example.com
The press office operates from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Outside of these hours please call 0800 5877708.