From Monday 18 February, Santander UK customers who refer a friend to a range of the bank's current accounts will receive a £50 Amazon.co.uk gift card for themselves and a second £50 Amazon.co.uk gift card for their friend1.
The offer is open to all Santander UK customers2 whose referral leads to a friend switching to a qualifying Santander UK account through the Current Account Switch Service. Existing Santander customers can refer a maximum of five friends and will be able to earn up to £250 in Amazon.co.uk vouchers.
Accounts which qualify for the Refer a Friend offer include the 1|2|3 Current Account3, Select4 and Private Current Accounts5 all of which also offer cashback on selected household bills and 1.5 per cent interest on credit balances up to £20,000. The Refer a Friend offer is also available on the 1|2|3 Lite6 account, which offers cashback on selected household bills, and the bank's Everyday Current Account7.
All customers who open a Santander current account are eligible to register for Retailer Offers to receive up to 15 per cent cashback on debit card spending at a range of different retailers.
Hetal Parmar, Head of Banking and Savings, Santander said: “It's important that people shop around for a bank account that can give them good ongoing value and the 7-day Current Account Switch Service makes switching easy. Our Refer a Friend offer is a thank you to customers on top of the existing benefits they get with our current accounts, such as cashback on household bills, interest on balances and cashback on debit card spending using Retailer Offers.”
- Ends -
The information contained in our press releases is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions.
- A £50 Gift Card will be sent to qualifying customers via email those who have been given a referral code will have until 18 June 2019 to switch and claim their vouchers. Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards ("GCs") may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products listed in their online catalogue. See www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions.
- “Customers” includes anyone aged over 18 who holds a Santander UK product; they do not necessarily need to hold a Santander current account.
- 1|2|3 Current Account. To qualify for cashback on household bills and interest customer must pay in at least £500 into the account each month and have at least 2 active Direct Debits. There is a £5 monthly fee to maintain the account.
- Select Current Account. To qualify for this account, customers must pay in at least £5,000 per month OR keep £75,000 in any Santander investment(s), savings or current accounts. In addition, to qualify for cashback and interest, customers must pay in at least £500 into the account each month and have at least 2 active Direct Debits. There is a £5 monthly fee to maintain the account.
- Private Current Account. To qualify for this account customers must have an annual income of £250,000 or at least £500,000 in savings or investments. In addition, to qualify for cashback on household bills and interest, customers must pay in at least £500 into the account each month and have at least 2 active Direct Debits. There is a £5 monthly fee to maintain the account.
- 1|2|3 Lite Current Account. To qualify for cashback on household bills customers must pay in at least £500 into the account each month, have at least 2 active Direct Debits, and log into Online or Mobile banking at least once every three months. There is a £1 monthly fee to maintain the account.
- Everyday Current Account. No monthly fee to maintain the account.
Santander UK is a financial services provider in the UK that offers a wide range of personal and commercial financial products and services. It has brought real competition to the UK, through its innovative products for retail customers and relationship banking model for UK SMEs. At 31 December 2018, the bank has c23,800 employees. It serves around 15 million active customers, via a nationwide branch network, telephone, mobile and online banking; and 64 regional Corporate Business Centres. Santander UK is subject to the full supervision of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) in the UK. Santander UK plc customers’ eligible deposits are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in the UK.
Banco Santander (SAN SM, STD US, BNC LN) is a leading retail and commercial bank, founded in 1857 and headquartered in Spain. It has a meaningful presence in 10 core markets in Europe and the Americas, and is the largest bank in the euro zone by market capitalization. At the end of 2018, Banco Santander had EUR 981 billion in customer funds (deposits and mutual funds), 144 million customers, 13,000 branches and 200,000 employees. Banco Santander made attributable profit of EUR 7,810 million in 2018, an increase of 18% compared to the previous year.