- Santander UK partners with police on fraud awareness and prevention webinars designed to protect UK businesses from scams
- Fraud prevention experts to give businesses practical guidance on how to avoid fraud attacks in webinar series
- Fraud education programme comprises four weekly webinars running from 29 June to 20 July and is free for any UK business to attend
Santander UK and the Dedicated Card and Payment Crime Unit (DCPCU) are running a series of webinars designed to help protect UK businesses against scams and fraud.
The DCPCU is a national police unit formed in partnership between UK Finance, the City of London Police, Metropolitan Police and Home Office. Its fraud prevention experts will join Santander UK’s fraud team and Corporate & Commercial Banking executives on the webinar series to provide insights into the psychology behind fraud, employee vulnerability to fraud, how fraudsters take advantage of technology, and how businesses can help prevent fraud attacks on their company.
Any UK business can join the webinars for free. Find out more and register here: https://santanderuk.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_D6-6U4DMQvmGuShYWPZ7KA
The webinar series comprises four online sessions as outlined below:
- Introduction and insight into fraud – 29 June (2pm-2.45pm). With speakers including the DCPCU’s Detective Chief Inspector, Gary Robinson, and Santander UK’s Head, Corporate & Commercial Banking, Tim Hinton, this webinar introduces the steps necessary to prevent fraud attacks and highlights how fraudsters exploit our vulnerabilities.
- Social engineering and impersonation fraud – 6 July (2pm-2.30pm). This webinar examines the mindset of fraudsters and the techniques they deploy to exploit weaknesses in human psychology to undertake scams.
- Fraud in the digital era – 13 July (2pm-2.30pm). The third webinar in the series takes a deep dive into how fraudsters manipulate our relationship with technology - including our interactions via messaging, emails and calls - to undertake scams.
- What Santander is doing to help protect customers – 20 July (2pm-2.30pm). In the final webinar of the series, Santander UK’s Head of Fraud Prevention, Chris Ainsley, details how the bank is helping its customers to protect themselves and their businesses, as well as giving practical guidance on how companies can better protect themselves against fraud attacks.
Gary Robinson, Detective Chief Inspector, DCPCU said: “We are pleased to partner with Santander UK on this fraud awareness and prevention webinar series for businesses. Fraud, by quite a margin, is the largest crime type in the UK and one of the only crimes that does not show a fall in victimisation. This mixed with our dependence on technology and remote working, and life after lockdowns, means we need to adapt to a new benchmark for our security and our culture.”
Tim Hinton, Head, Corporate & Commercial Banking, Santander UK said: “These webinars are a crucial step in helping raise awareness in understanding what we can all do to help prevent fraud attacks, while highlighting how fraudsters target individuals through social engineering and impersonation fraud in the current digital era."
- Ends -
The information contained in our press releases is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions.