Santander UK has today announced a range of new mortgage rates including its lowest ever five-year fixed rate deal at 1.49%. The new rates will be available in branch, by telephone, online and through brokers from Tuesday 22 October 2019.
The bank has also announced new and reduced rates across a range of two-year, five-year and ten-year fixed rates products
Miguel Sard, Head of Mortgages at Santander Mortgages said: “Whether you are a first-time buyer looking for a mortgage, or an existing home-owner looking to move your mortgage to Santander, we hope the introduction of our lowest ever five-year fixed rate will help give you peace of mind and certainty over your mortgage repayments.”
The changes announced today by Santander Mortgages include:
Online, telephone, broker:
- Five-year fixed rate; 60 per cent LTV; £999 fee; Purchase and Remortgage; 1.49 per cent;
- Five-year fixed rate; 75 per cent LTV; £999; fee Purchase and Remortgage 1.59 per cent;
- Two-year fixed rate; 60 per cent LTV; £999 fee; Purchase and Remortgage; 1.21 per cent; £250 cashback;
- Two-year fixed rate; 75 per cent LTV; £999 fee; Purchase and Remortgage; 1.29 per cent; and
- Ten-year fixed rate; 75 per cent LTV; £999 fee; Purchase and Remortgage; 2.34 per cent.
- Two-year fixed rate; 75 per cent LTV; £999 fee; Remortgage; 1.24 per cent;
- Five-year fixed rate; 75 per cent LTV; £999 fee; Remortgage; 1.54 percent; and
- Two-year fixed rate; 60 per cent LTV; £1499 fee; Remortgage; 1.15 per cent.
- Ends -
The information contained in our press releases is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions.
Santander UK is a financial services provider in the UK that offers a wide range of personal and commercial financial products and services. It has brought real competition to the UK, through its innovative products for retail customers and relationship banking model for UK SMEs. At 30 June 2019, the bank has around 24,000 employees. It serves around 15 million active customers, via a nationwide branch network, telephone, mobile and online banking; and 62 regional Corporate Business Centres. Santander UK is subject to the full supervision of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) in the UK. Santander UK plc customers’ eligible deposits are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in the UK.
Banco Santander (SAN SM, STD US, BNC LN) is a leading retail and commercial bank, founded in 1857 and headquartered in Spain. It has a meaningful presence in 10 core markets in Europe and the Americas, and is the largest bank in the euro zone by market capitalization. At the end of June 2019, Banco Santander had EUR 1.03 trillion in customer funds (deposits and mutual funds), 142 million customers, 13,000 branches and 200,000 employees. Banco Santander made underlying profit of EUR 4,045 million in the first half of 2019, an increase of 2% in constant euros compared to the same period last year.