- Bolton-based commercial and domestic skip hire company offers recycling and waste removal services across the North West
- Family-run firm established as horse and cart haulage more than 80 years ago has grown into 17-acre recycling village
- Santander UK provides seven-figure funding to support J Dickinson & Sons to hire 25 new staff and purchase state-of-the-art waste processing plant
Bolton-based J Dickinson & Sons is a family-owned commercial and domestic skip hire company offering recycling and waste removal services throughout the North West.
What started out as a horse and cart haulage service more than 80 years ago, has grown into a 17-acre recycling village based at Rivington View Business Park, Horwich, near Bolton, with a fleet of vehicles, skips and other waste disposal equipment. It is now run by the fourth generation of Dickinsons and employs a staff of 60.
To help the family firm continue to grow through the pandemic, Santander UK has provided it with seven-figure Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) funding. J Dickinson & Sons is investing the funding in a state-of-the-art waste processing plant that will increase the volume of waste it can handle and boost its efficiency. The funding has also helped the company achieve its growth plans, enabling it to create an additional 25 jobs in the local area.
J Dickinson & Son offers a wide range of recycling services and facilities for both domestic and commercial users, including:
- Full environmental licensed recycling facilities, including skip hire
- An on-site transfer station
- Shredding, crushing and screening facilities
- A weigh bridge
- A commercial and self-tipping area
- A 50m picking station.
James Dickinson, J Dickinson & Sons Managing Director, commented: “Santander has understood J Dickinson & Sons’ business from the start, supporting our financial expansion over recent years. The pandemic impeded our personnel from normal working conditions, and we had to adapt to the new changes exponentially. The CBILS funding that Santander provided has allowed us to continue recruiting additional staff in a safe working environment, adhering to Government guidelines.”
Debbie Worthington, Relationship Director at Santander UK, said: “It’s brilliant to see this family run business, now in its fourth generation, continuing to thrive, even in the midst of a pandemic. We look forward to working with J Dickinson & Sons and supporting its journey of helping people in the North West dispose of their waste responsibly, and toward its aim of sending zero waste to landfill.”
- Ends -
The information contained in our press releases is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions.
For information about J Dickinson & Son, please visit: www.jdickinson.co.uk