What you can get
(£7.50 standard monthly fee)
- Access online, at Santander ATMs and Post Office branches
- All directors, owners (shareholders) or partners are aged 18 or over and UK resident
- Up to 2 directors, owners (shareholders) or partners
- Your business is registered in the UK
- You're either a sole trader or your business is a partnership, limited liability partnership, private limited company or trust
(Subject to status)
Representative 5.75% EAR (variable)
Annual fee 1% of the agreed overdraft (minimum fee £50)
We’re proud to have been awarded Best Business Current Account Provider for the last 17 years and Business Bank of the Year for the last 5 years by Moneyfacts
24/7 banking on all your devices. You can set up paper free statements and set up personalised account alerts.
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking app
- Face-to-face banking at Post Offices branches
- Telephone Banking
- Use our ATMs to withdraw cash, make cash and cheque deposits, check your balance and manage your PIN
We'll automatically send you alerts about your balance and payments in order to help you avoid charges (for example when you're in an unarranged overdraft, a payment has gone unpaid or you need to pay money in to cover a payment). These alerts are free, and will be sent by text message (or email if we don't have your mobile number). Once the alerts have been set up, if you don't want to receive or want to change alerts, you can do this in Online Banking or by calling us on 0800 731 6666.
We offer a fixed fee tariff with the Business Current Account for all your day-to-day banking:
£7.50 monthly fee
- A monthly cash deposit limit of £1,000 then 70p for every £100 thereafter
Charges apply to non-standard transactions such as change-giving, CHAPS payments and foreign currency transactions.
A daily limit applies to cash machine withdrawals and a transaction limit applies to Faster Payments. Please see the Key Facts Documents for full details.
Business overdrafts (there are fees associated with your overdraft)
As part of your current account application, you can apply for a business overdraft from £500 to £25,000 (subject to acceptance) if:
- you have a good credit history;
- you haven't been declared bankrupt;
- you haven't been a disqualified director or a director of a failed business within the last 6 years; and
- neither you, nor any of the directors, owners (shareholders) or partners, have had an Individual Voluntary Arrangement.
There is an Arranged Overdraft annual fee of 1% of the agreed overdraft (minimum fee £50). The Arranged Overdraft interest rate and Representative rate is 5.75% EAR (variable) (Bank of England base rate plus 5%) and the Unarranged Overdraft interest rate is 25.75% EAR (variable) (Bank of England base rate plus 25%). The unpaid item fee is £15.
Subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice at any time.
Information is correct as of 25 July 2019.