cashback on water and council tax bills and the first £1,000 you pay towards your Santander monthly residential mortgage payment
cashback on gas and electricity bills on Santander home insurance premiums (policies administered and underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited)
cashback on mobile and home phone bills, broadband and paid for TV packages
Calculate how much cashback and interest you could earn
Household bills don’t include TV licence, maintenance contracts (e.g. boiler repair cover), other insurance contracts, commercial use or commercial mortgages1.
1.50% AER/1.49% gross (variable)
Interest on your entire balance up to £20,0002
What you need to do
There is a £5 monthly fee to maintain the account, that will be automatically taken from your account each month3.
To earn cashback and interest you need to:
Fund the account with at least £500 a month4
Have at least 2 active Direct Debits. For cashback, household bills must be paid by Direct Debit to organisations within eligible categories
Managing your account
If your card is contactless enabled you can make quick and easy purchases of up to £30 whenever you see the contactless symbol
Opening a 1|2|3 Current Account means you'll be part of 1|2|3 World, with access to a range of benefits, preferential rates and special deals
You'll also get
A Santander debit card
For quick and secure purchases at home. If you use your Santander debit card for transactions abroad, you may be charged a foreign exchange fee.
A four month fee-free Arranged Overdraft when you switch to us.
0% EAR (variable)
Arranged overdraft usage fee
£1 per day
Use our Switching Service
No Arranged Overdraft Usage Fee for the first 4 months
Assumed arranged overdraft credit limit
£1200 (actual amount may differ)
Overdrafts depend on your circumstances and you must repay any overdraft when we ask in line with our General Terms and Conditions.
If you don't switch using our dedicated switcher service, the Arranged Overdraft Usage Fee will apply from account opening6.
Unarranged Overdraft fees don’t apply to this account. Arranged Overdraft fees will continue to be applied if your account goes into an Unarranged Overdraft position.
You must be over 18 and living permanently in the UK to apply for a 1|2|3 Current Account.
- Cashback: cashback is paid automatically into your account monthly (but may vary depending on how you pay your bill or insurance premium) just before your statement is sent, and we'll show you how much cashback you've earned in each category. The maximum mortgage payment amounts that qualify for cashback are limited to £1,000 per month (for either single or multiple monthly Direct Debits). Mortgage cashback applies to Santander UK plc mortgages. The 1% cashback on water and council tax bills applies to rates in Northern Ireland. Santander has categorised all companies within eligible cashback categories as accurately as possible.
- Interest: AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and shows what the interest rate would be if we paid interest and added it to your account each year. Rates may change, we calculate interest daily and we pay interest each month. The gross rate is the interest rate we pay where no income tax has been deducted. Rates may change, we calculate interest daily and we pay interest each month. For details of our fees and interest rates, visit www.santander.co.uk or ask for the latest Key Facts document at any branch.
- The monthly account fee will be due even if you don’t qualify for cashback/ interest benefits in a specific month. Cashback is paid monthly.
- Funding your account: To benefit from cashback and interest you must fund the account with £500 each month. This isn’t a calendar month, it’s the month from the date you opened your account. You must also set up two active Direct Debits. Any interest and payments between Santander personal accounts you’re named on won't count towards the monthly funding amount. If you don’t meet the minimum monthly funding requirement you won’t receive any cashback or interest for that statement month, however your monthly account fee will still be charged/due.
- Retailer limits may apply. Apple Pay excludes cahoot cards, Basic Current Account, Business VISA Electron, Business Credit Card and Santander corporate cards. All devices must be running on iOS 8.3 or later. Apple and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc.
- EAR: EAR stands for Effective Annual Rate and represents the yearly cost of an overdraft, which takes account of how often we charge interest to the account and does not include any other fees or charges. Overdrafts depend on your circumstances and you must repay any overdraft when we ask in line with our General Terms and Conditions.