Is your supplier eligible?
Earn cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
Earn cashback on your household bills
You must be over 18 and living permanently in the UK to apply for a 1|2|3 Current Account, 1|2|3 Lite Current Account or Select Current Account
- Monthly account fee: the account fee will be due even if you don’t qualify for cashback/interest benefits in a specific month.
- Funding your account: to benefit from cashback and interest you must pay in at least £500 a month. This isn’t a calendar month, it’s the month from the date you opened your account. Any interest and payments between Santander personal accounts you’re named on won't count towards the monthly funding amount. If you don’t meet the minimum monthly funding requirement you won’t receive any cashback or interest for that statement month, however your monthly account fee will still be charged/due. Please note that the 1|2|3 Lite Current Account does not pay interest.
- Cashback: cashback is paid automatically into your account each month just before your statement is sent, and we'll show you how much cashback you've earned in each category. Before 5 May 2020, you can get cashback on up to £1,000 you pay towards your monthly Santander residential mortgage payments. From that day onwards, a £5 cap will be applied on the total cashback you can receive in this category. Mortgage cashback applies to Santander UK plc mortgages. The 1% cashback on water and council tax bills applies to rates in Northern Ireland. Santander has categorised all companies within eligible cashback categories as accurately as possible.
- Changes to how we pay cashback: From 5 May 2020, we’re introducing a cap on the amount of cashback that can be earned on household bills paid by Direct Debit. There will be a £5 cap in each of the 1%, 2% and 3% cashback categories. Cashback is based on the date Direct Debits are collected and Direct Debit collection dates can vary, often for reasons out of our control. This could mean a Direct Debit isn’t collected within a statement period and so could be collected twice during the following statement period. This may have an impact on the amount of cashback you earn for that month due to the cashback cap.
Become a Santander Select customer:
Santander Select is a more personal banking service that provides you with priority servicing and exclusive products and offers. It’s available to you as long as you have a Select Current Account with us and you either:
- pay your main income of at least £5,000 per month into a Select Current Account (excluding transfers from other Santander accounts)
- or keep £75,000 in any Santander investment(s), savings or current account