What you can get
- Half of our customers get cover for £247 or less
- We work with BISL Limited, one of the UK’s largest insurance intermediaries
- Moneyfacts 5 star rating for quality
Choose from fully comprehensive, third party fire and theft, and third party only cover.
Fully comprehensive cover includes as standard:
- cover if your car is stolen or damaged by fire or accident
- windscreen replacement and 24/7 repair helpline
- courtesy car while yours is being repaired by an approved repairer (subject to availability and eligibility)
- driving in the EU: up to 60 days in any period of insurance (your cover will be the same as it is in the UK)
- unlimited cover on manufacturer-fitted audio, sat nav and entertainment equipment
- stolen keys cover – up to £500
- personal belongings cover – up to £100
- repair work cover – 3 year guarantee on all approved claims repairs.
For full details on what’s covered, policy terms, conditions, and exclusions, please see our policy document which is available to download when you receive a quote.
Tailor your Santander Car Insurance with these optional extras for an additional cost:
- motor legal protection
- breakdown cover
- guaranteed replacement car
- no claims discount protection.
Full details on these optional extras are available when you get a quote. For full details on what’s covered, policy terms, conditions, and exclusions, please see our policy document which is available to download when you receive a quote.
When you receive a quote you’ll be able to download our policy document, which contains full details of cover, optional extras, policy terms, conditions and exclusions.
For information on how your data will be used you can view our data protection statement (pdf)
Santander Car Insurance is subject to standard underwriting and acceptance criteria. Quotations are valid for 30 days. Cover is subject to terms, conditions, restrictions and exclusions. Compulsory excesses apply. Full details are available in the policy document, available to download when you receive a quote. Please read the policy document before purchasing the policy.
You may have read in the news that in the event of a no-deal Brexit, customers who will be driving in the EU will be required under EU regulations to have a green card as proof of insurance. This green card document will be supplied by insurers. Those who travel without one may be breaking the law, so customers should contact their insurer about a month before travelling to obtain one. A green card is also a requirement for EU motorists travelling to the UK.
Among those affected are:
- People who drive across the Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland border.
- Anyone planning to take their vehicle to Europe e.g. a family planning a holiday to France.
- Any freight company planning to transport goods into the EU.
If you have a Santander Car Insurance policy and are intending to drive your vehicle in Europe, please contact BISL customer services on 0344 854 9822, allowing 21 days before you travel, so that they can issue you a green card if needed.
To learn more, take a look at these briefings from the UK government:
Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday. Calls may be recorded or monitored.
Need to make a claim?
Send us a tweet
Please don't tweet your personal or banking details
Why choose Santander?