We're making changes to how we show your account balance in the mobile banking app. Take a look
Download the mobile banking app
Do your banking wherever you are
Our mobile app gives you the flexibility to manage your money, make payments on-the-move, create a budget and even get cashback whilst doing so.
In addition to our mobile banking app, we also have the Santander Wallet app which helps you analyse your spending. You can find out more about this in the Santander Wallet section below.
What you can do:
- Freeze and unfreeze your Mastercard to block usage completely if it's temporarily lost (iOS devices only, coming soon for Android).
- Block specific transaction types without freezing your Mastercard entirely (iOS devices only, coming soon for Android).
- View your card PIN (iOS devices only, coming soon for Android).
- See pending transactions on your current account and credit card. These are transactions you’ve made but are yet to fully process.
- Use your app to authorise transactions made online and consent with third party providers.
- Log on securely using Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint (with compatible devices).
- Check your account balances and transactions, including your loan, investment and mortgage balance.
- Enable ‘Quick Balance’ to see your balance without logging on.
- Share your payment success screen with friends and family using WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, text and email.
- Find your nearest Santander branch and book appointments.
- Pay people you've paid before and set up new payees.
- View, cancel or set up standing orders.
- View or cancel Direct Debits
- Earn up to 15% cashback with Retailer Offers
When you've downloaded it, open the app and follow the instructions to get started. If you don't already have Online Banking log on details, you'll need to sign up and have your account details to hand.
If you'd like to learn more about Mobile Banking, take a look at our short video
Download the Santander Wallet app
Retailer Offers is a free service available through Online and Mobile Banking. Once switched on, you could earn up to 15% cashback at a variety of major retailers when you use your Santander debit or credit card.
Here are some examples of retailers you may get offers from:
To access Retailer Offers within your mobile banking app, visit Retailer Offers within the 'More' menu at the bottom of the page. Follow the on-screen instructions to switch on the service and see what offers are available for you.
For further information take a look at our Retailer Offers page
If you use an Apple device you’ll need to be running iOS10 or above. If you use Android you’ll need Lollipop 5.0 or above. Either go to your app store and search for Santander Mobile Banking or we can send you a link directly to the app if you need to download the latest operating system.
Santander Wallet is available to all personal Santander debit card users and main credit cardholders. It is not available for additional credit cardholders or business banking customers.
Jailbroken or rooted devices
Devices that have been jailbroken or rooted have had their security settings changed from the device standard, which can mean that they are more vulnerable to malware and fraudulent attacks. We block access to the app from these devices as an additional security measure, to help keep your details and your accounts safe.
If your device is jailbroken or rooted, you'll need to use Mobile Banking on a different device. If you don’t want to do this, you can still see your accounts by logging on to Online Banking.
To help you manage your spending we've developed Santander Wallet, a free mobile app for personal banking customers.
We want to help you to view, analyse and track your debit or credit card spend in detail so that you can budget more effectively.
With Wallet you can
- Analyse your spend over weekly, monthly and yearly time periods.
- See your Santander personal debit and credit card PIN securely if you’ve forgotten it.
- Temporarily freeze your credit card if you think it’s lost or stolen (iOS only).
- Use card controls to disable specific transaction types on your credit card, including contactless payments, online transactions, international transactions and gambling transactions (iOS only).
- Break down all of your Santander debit and credit card spending, either by individual card or a combination.
- Track and analyse your spend by different categories such as food and drink, everyday travel and supermarkets.
- Track by brand or retailer so you can see where you’re spending.
- Get bite-sized pieces of information on your spending habits with ‘spend nuggets’.
How can I see a forgotten PIN?
Santander Wallet can securely show you your forgotten card PIN for a few seconds.
To see your PIN:
- tap the PIN icon in the Santander Wallet home screen, it looks like this
- we’ll ask you to use a One Time Passcode (OTP) or Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint to view your card PIN securely
- your PIN will appear for 20 seconds before disappearing.
Card freeze allows you to temporarily freeze your credit card to prevent it from being used, giving you peace of mind if you think your card is lost or stolen. Simply tap the freeze icon on the Wallet home screen and we’ll freeze your credit card. Then use the app to unfreeze again any time (iOS only).
Card controls allow you to personalise your credit card to disable and enable specific transactions types including:
- gambling transactions
- contactless payments
- international transactions
- online transactions.
To use card controls you’ll need to tap the ‘manage’ icon on the Wallet home screen. You can disable or enable transaction types at any time through the app (iOS only).
Get the app
You can get started by searching ‘Santander Wallet’ in your app store to download the app. (If you use Apple Pay you’ll find a link to Santander Wallet in the Apple Wallet app.) When you've downloaded the app, log on with your usual Online or Mobile Banking security details. Then in the future you have the option to log on simply using your Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint, if your device supports these log on options. This makes accessing the app much quicker and more convenient, wherever you are. You must already have your fingerprint or face set up on your phone.
If you're an iPhone, iPad or Android™ phone user:
Santander Wallet is available to Santander debit and credit card customers using an Apple device running iOS 9.0 or above or Android device running Android™ 4.4 (KitKat® or higher). Santander Wallet is available to all personal Santander debit card users and main credit cardholders but does not show all transactions such as Direct Debits and standing orders. It is not available for additional credit cardholders or Business Banking customers.