Changes to our mobile banking apps
We're making some important changes to our mobile banking apps and removing some of them. If you're using one or more of these apps it’s important that you read the information below carefully.
From 15th October 2018 the following apps are being withdrawn and will no longer work:
- Santander Mobile Banking (version 3.16 and below)
What this means for you
You’ll need to make sure that you've downloaded the updated mobile banking app. (Search for 'Santander Mobile Banking' in your app store, then download the app in the normal way.) When you've logged in you'll be able to see your usual account information, including transactions and the payments that you’ve set up. The app also lets you:
- log on using Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint (with compatible devices)
- check your balances and transactions
- move money between your Santander accounts, or pay somebody else
- manage Direct Debits and standing orders
- earn cashback with Retailer Offers.
You may also be interested in our Santander Wallet app which allows you to view, analyse and track your debit or credit card spend in detail so that you can budget more effectively. You can:
- analyse your spend over weekly, monthly and yearly time periods
- see your Santander personal debit or credit card PIN if you've forgotten it
- track and analyse your spend by different categories such as food and drink, everyday travel and supermarkets and by brand or retailer
- get bite-size pieces of information on your spending habits with 'spend nuggets'.
We'll never ask you to download any apps or software from websites or from links within an email. Always download apps from the official App Store or Google Play Store.
Below are some common questions and information which may be useful.
Why are we making these changes?
We're always working to improve our apps to make sure you get the best experience. We won't be updating some of the apps so will be switching them off.
How do I know which version of Mobile Banking I'm using?
Go to the 'Settings' menu on your phone or tablet, then navigate to the app labelled 'Santander'. It might be under another menu option, depending on what type of phone or tablet you’re using. If you see version 4.0 or above you can continue using it, but you should update if you see lower than version 4.0.
Do I need a One Time Passcode (OTP) to use the apps?
We do need to send you OTPs for some of the features of our apps. If you already successfully receive OTPs this will continue for the new or updated apps. If you don’t, make sure your mobile number is up-to-date and registered with us by logging on to Online Banking, going to 'My details and settings' then ‘Change OTP service phone number’. Alternatively you can contact us on 0800 9 123 123 to change your OTP contact number.
What operating system do I need to be able to use the apps?
For Apple devices you’ll need iOS 9.0 or later and for Android v4.4 or later.
How do I remove the old app from my phone?
- When you download and install the new Santander Mobile Banking app the old Santander Mobile Banking app will be removed as part of the installation.
- When you download and install Santander Wallet the old Spendlytics app will be removed as part of the installation.
- Smartbank app will need to be removed using the normal app removal process for your device.
Can I use my existing Online Banking security details?
Yes. You might want to make a note of your Personal ID before you download the replacement apps as you'll need it when you first log on to the updated ones. Depending on what phone or tablet you're using, when you've logged on for the first time you'll be asked if you want to set up Touch ID, Face ID or Fingerprint to log on in future.
If you have other questions, please ask in one of our branches or call us on 0800 9 123 123. We're available Monday to Sat 7am to 9pm and Sun 8am to 9pm.