As an existing Santander mortgage customer, once you’ve found your new property you can get an instant decision in principle. We’ll then arrange an appointment for you to continue your application over the phone.
PLEASE NOTE: You can complete your decision in principle between 6.00am and 11.00pm on Monday to Saturday and 8.00am to 5.30pm on Sundays.
As an existing Santander mortgage customer once you’ve found your new property you can get an instant decision in principle. It confirms if we’d lend you the mortgage amount you’ve asked for. It’s subject to proof of income, a full credit search and a property valuation. There’s no charge for a decision in principle and you’re not obliged to then do a full mortgage application with us.
- Income and expenditure details (e.g. payslip and bank statements)
- Address details (including postcode) for the last 3 years
- Details of any outstanding financial commitments such as loans or credit cards
It will take you about 30 minutes to complete the decision in principle so please make sure you allow enough time to finish it as you won’t be able to save and come back to it.
If your decision in principle is accepted and you’d like to proceed, we’ll arrange an appointment for you to continue your application over the phone. Plus we’ll send you an email requesting supporting documentation such as your payslip.
The decision in principle requires a credit search that won’t impact your credit file and can’t be seen by other lenders. If your decision in principle is accepted and you proceed to a full mortgage application, we’ll carry out a credit search on each applicant that will impact your credit file and can be seen by other lenders.
To apply for a mortgage with us you need to:
- be at least 18 years of age and a UK resident
- want the mortgage for a property in the UK (but not in the Isle of Man)
- be intending to live in the property
- have never had a home repossessed
- have never been declared bankrupt or subject to an individual voluntary arrangement
- be able to provide confirmation of all types of income.
Plus, to apply for a mortgage online you must:
- have a maximum of two applicants
- be applying for a mortgage up to 90% of the value of your property (also known as loan to value).
Alternatively, if you don't meet the online criteria you can apply in a branch or by phone. To make an appointment visit your branch or call us on 0800 068 6064. Lines are open 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm Saturdays.
Net income calculator
When you complete your decision in principle it’ll ask you for a net income figure. This calculator helps you work this out. Please complete all income types and payslip deductions that apply to work out your net income. You’ll need to write this net income figure down as you’ll need it later in your decision in principle.
Please use the buttons to help you
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
All applications are subject to status and lending criteria. The amount we will lend depends on your circumstances and the type of property. A higher deposit may be required for a flat or new build.