Pay with your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or MacBook using Apple Pay
You can now use Apple Pay by linking your Santander debit or credit card to your Apple device. This will allow you to make payments easily and securely at any contactless terminal, in-app and on the web with certain retailers.
What do I need to start using Apple Pay?
Any Santander debit or credit card (excluding ATM only cash cards, Visa Top-up Debit Card and Business Visa Electron) and one of the following Apple devices.
|Device ||In store ||In apps ||On the web |
|iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus (or later) ||Yes ||Yes ||Yes |
|iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro (or later) ||No ||Yes ||Yes |
|Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or later ||Yes ||Yes ||No |
|Mac introduced in 2012 or later (Mac other than MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID require iPhone or Apple Watch) ||No ||No ||Yes |
- Open the Wallet app – choose ‘set up Apple Pay’.
- Add a card – Tap ‘add a new debit or credit card’. You can add a card by either using the camera on your device, typing the details in manually or using the default card that is registered with iTunes.
- Verify – we’ll send you a code to enter into your phone or device and Apple Pay is ready to use.
Making a payment
- Pay in shops – To pay simply hold your iPhone near the contactless terminal and verify using Touch ID. To pay with an Apple Watch, hold it near the contactless terminal and simply double tap the side button. Payments can be made up to any value although some retailers may still limit this to £30.
- Pay in-app – Using Apple Pay at in-app merchants is also quick and secure. You can pay where you see the ‘Buy with Apple Pay’ or Apple Pay symbols.
- Pay on TfL – Apple Pay can be used for Transport for London transactions and is similar to using a contactless card by touching in and out of services. If you're in a rush, to make paying even quicker you can open Wallet and use the Touch ID to pre authorise the transaction. Apple Pay will then be ready on your phone and all you need to do is hold your phone against the contactless reader – no need for Touch ID. For more information please visit Transport for London
Your accounts are safe if you lose your phone - If you lose your phone there’s no need to cancel your debit or credit card/s as the details aren’t stored in the Apple device. However you must either cancel your digital cards using Find My iPhone or call us on 0800 068 6698. Apple also allows you to log onto iCloud (using your iTunes password) to either turn on ‘lost mode’ or erase your device. This means that any card/s linked to the device are suspended in Apple Pay. For information on how to secure the device should it be lost or stolen you should visit the Apple website
For lost and stolen cards, please call us on 0800 731 6666. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you lose your cards, you can continue to use Apple Pay while we arrange to replace your cards.
See our full Terms and Conditions
Apple, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, Touch ID and MacBook are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.