Santander UK plc. Registered Office: 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London, NW1 3AN, United Kingdom. Registered Number 2294747. Registered in England and Wales. www.santander.co.uk. Telephone 0800 389 7000. Calls may be recorded or monitored. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our Financial Services Register number is 106054. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. Santander and the flame logo are registered trademarks.
The 2 Year Fixed Rate ISA is a cash ISA, to apply you must be a UK resident aged 16 or over.
- Receive a tax-free fixed rate of 0.75% AER for two years. Or, if you’re a 1|2|3 World or Santander Select customer, a tax-free fixed rate of 1.00% AER for two years. This ISA matures on 1 November 2018.
- Save from £500 up to your annual ISA allowance - Deposits for the 2016/2017 tax year can be made up to and including 30 November 2016. No subsequent additional deposits allowed.
- Transfer in your existing ISAs - You can open this ISA with a zero balance and transfer in existing ISAs with a balance of at least £500.1
Access your money early if you need to
If you need to get to your money you can close this ISA early, subject to an early closure charge equivalent to 120 days’ interest.2 Partial withdrawals are not allowed. Any money you withdraw from your ISA will lose its tax-free status.
Manage your ISA by phone or in your local branch
And view it within Online Banking
This ISA reverts to an ISA Saver at maturity
The ISA Saver is a variable rate cash ISA, currently paying from 0.25% AER/tax-free. From 1 November 2016, rates will be 0.10% AER tax-free (variable) for balances of £1+ and 0.50% AER tax-free for balances of £10,000+.
Please read the important information below before applying or upgrading. By continuing to the application form you are confirming that you agree to the product details, Terms and Conditions (including the specific conditions for your chosen product contained in the Key Facts Document) and the Data Protection Statement
Please be aware that the favourable tax treatment of ISAs may change in the future.
The 2 Year Fixed Rate ISA is subject to availability. Rates are fixed and are correct as at 3 October 2016.
Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on 1 November.
- Pay your main income of at least £5,000 per month into a Santander current account (excluding transfers from other Santander accounts), or
- Maintain £75,000 in any Santander investment(s), savings or current account; or
- Have a property worth at least £500,000 with a Santander mortgage.
Please be aware that if you make deposits for the 2016/2017 tax year which are less than the full ISA allowance of £15,240 for that tax year, you won’t be able to pay into another cash ISA in the same tax year to use the remaining allowance.
- External ISA transfers in are allowed on the condition that the ISA transfer in application is received within 14 days of account opening.
If transferring in an external cash ISA, stocks and shares ISA and/or innovative finance ISA the funds in the ISA which you are transferring from must be available to be transferred within 30 days of account opening.
Transfer applications must be received by 30 November 2016 if transferring in from a Santander cash ISA. Funds must be available to be transferred at point of request.
We don't charge a transfer fee but other providers may. You can transfer some or all of the money that you have paid into cash, stocks and shares and/or innovative finance ISAs in previous tax years. If you wish to transfer money that you have paid into a cash ISA, stocks and shares ISA and/or innovative finance ISA in the current tax year, you will need to transfer all of the amount that you have paid into the ISA in the current tax year.
Any money that you withdraw yourself from your ISA will lose its tax-free status and if repaid back into the ISA will count towards the current tax year's allowance. Santander isn't providing advice as to whether transferring your ISA(s) is right for you.
A 14-day cancellation period applies. If you transfer in funds from your existing ISA and subsequently cancel the account, your existing ISA provider may not accept the return of the ISA funds. In this case you can either continue to save with us or transfer your cash ISA in full to another ISA provider. You will need to contact your new ISA provider to arrange the transfer. If you don’t exercise your right to cancel, your 2 Year Fixed Rate ISA will continue with us.
- You can close the account in branch, via telephone or by post.