Guaranteed Over 50 Plan
At Santander, we're always looking at ways to help you best plan for the future. That's why we offer a simple and affordable way to help you leave something for your loved ones when you're no longer around.
The Guaranteed Over 50 Plan, provided by AXA Wealth Ltd, trading as Sun Life Direct, is a life insurance plan designed to pay out a fixed cash sum on death after the first two years. Sun Life Direct is the UK's leading life insurance provider for plans of this type* and there are more than 811,000** Guaranteed Over 50 Plan policyholders.
Life insurance needn't be a hassle. The Guaranteed Over 50 Plan makes it easy to leave a fixed cash sum for your loved ones when you die, which can be used as a cash gift or to help towards funeral costs. Premiums start from £6 a month - that's the equivalent of just 20p a day.
A new feature of the Plan is that the premiums now stop at age 90, or death if earlier. So you have the peace of mind knowing that your cover will continue after your 90th birthday, but you won't have to pay anything more.
Applying could not be easier. Provided you're aged 50-80 you're guaranteed to be accepted without any medical questions.
To find out more about the Guaranteed Over 50 Plan, please read all the information, especially the Terms and Conditions including the Policy Summary and key facts about our Insurance Services, before getting a quote. You can apply online or call Sun Life Direct on 0800 904 7602.
Why choose the Guaranteed Over 50 Plan?
- Guaranteed acceptance with no medical - as long as you're aged 50-80 you're guaranteed to be accepted - no health questions asked.
- Affordable monthly premiums - from £6 a month, that's the equivalent of just 20p a day. You can choose any premium from £6 to £74 a month, as long as the fixed cash sum is no more than £25,000.
- Fixed cash sum - providing you keep paying your monthly premiums until you are 90, or until death if earlier, a fixed cash sum is guaranteed on your death after you've had the Plan for two years. If you die in the first two years, all the premiums paid will be returned, plus half as much again. Please bear in mind that as the cash sum is fixed, inflation will reduce its value over time.
- Accidental Death Benefit - applies to the Plan during the first two years, and means that if you die within the first two years of taking out the plan, solely as a result of (and within 90 days of) accidental bodily injury you suffer because of a sudden or unexpected event, we will pay out the full fixed cash sum instead of 1½ times the premiums paid.
- Peace of mind - your premiums will never go up, and your cover will never go down. You just need to make sure you choose a premium you feel comfortable with, as if you stop paying your premiums when due your cover will end and you won't get anything back. Depending on how long you live you could pay more in premiums than the cash sum paid out.
- First month's premium free - you won't have to pay a premium in the first month, whichever premium you choose.
- Welcome gift - you'll get a welcome gift† when you take out a Plan. You can choose from a selection of 4 gifts as a special thank you for taking out a Plan.
*Most popular whole of life guaranteed acceptance plan bought directly. ABI statistics, Q1-Q4 2011
**811,225 as at 23rd October 2012
†Gifts are subject to availability and in the event of your chosen gift not being available, an alternative will be offered.